• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guerreros Guerreros Team Thread

Years
  • Team Guerreros Team Thread

Hello, Team Guerreros members, and welcome to this year's Get-Together!

This is your team thread, your hub, your place to chill out with other Team Guerreros forum members. This is primarily in place for users who cannot access our Discord server, BUT it is not exclusive to them! Feel free to talk anything regarding events (careful about sharing answers, mind!), the GT or even just use this place as a DCC (daily-chit-chat) to get to know your teammates better!

If you've any questions please feel free to speak to GT Management - that's myself, gimmepie or Fairy and we'll be happy to help you out.

Otherwise, enjoy the GT Team Guerreros!

Last edited by a moderator:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    This is your team thread, your hub, your place to chill out with other Team Arqueros forum members.

Hm... I have a weird feeling about this. Might explain why I'm the first here :thinkrem: but anyways... hello there ♥

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Waves. Recommends joining the VPP event. Earns 20 points by participating. Combos well with the Forum Games and Trivia Spotlight.

Plans to write some tips for the Arcade later. Has not played the games enough yet. Some preliminary tips:
    - Galactic Wars: Cannot easily hit the beam ships. Assumes the spread shot to help. Spreads really late. Also, be patient. Loses a ton of momentum by dying. Nearly amounts to a one life game.
    - Toss It: 10 points for stopping a moving object. +1 point and +2 seconds for putting an item back. (Key + Phone to bag. Book to bookcase. Can to refrigerator. White thing in the trash. Socks + Bra to closet.) Loses points for every moment of panic. Stops dropping items too. Click them to calm them.
    - Hyper Jump: No real recommendations here.
    - Breakdown: Do not wait for the block to fill. Mash and keep moving. Seems to eliminate a ball by filling in the space it is in.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Hm... I have a weird feeling about this. Might explain why I'm the first here :thinkrem: but anyways... hello there ♥
    LOL i can fix

yayyy arcade tips, thank you Deva! i might make an attempt at them but i never do particularly well haha. i'll be taking on SWC and Fortune Cup as usual! idk what else yet tho 👀

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    LOL i can fix

yayyy arcade tips, thank you Deva! i might make an attempt at them but i never do particularly well haha. i'll be taking on SWC and Fortune Cup as usual! idk what else yet tho 👀

omg look who's here! Never say anything would you :)

I'm not sure if I'll have time but the SWC prompt reminds me of a certain character I have and a certain situation I'm going through, so I'm hopeful I could get something done. As for the other events... it's a bit of an oof. I have to admit that... I'd honestly love to chat more about this in here / discord team chat and be kept in line when it comes to racking up points, or I'd likely get lost otherwise :sadwick:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • i tend to focus in on a small few events but im definitely willing to help out in other ones if i can! people just gotta let me know!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Takes back some of the Galactic Wars tips. Found a new strategy: grab Dual Shot, Speed Increases, and the green infinite firepower powerup. Advises against Spread Shot and Orbitals.

Rough testing with a full firepower bar:
    - Initial weapon: about 9 bullets?
    - Dual Shot: 6 volleys x 2 = 12 bullets
    - Spread Shot: 3 volleys x 3 = 9 bullets
    - Initial weapon + 1 orbital: 4 volleys x 2 = 8 bullets

Might be able to squeeze in 3 volleys with Spread Shot + 1 Orbital still. Completely depletes your firepower bar. Doubts three volleys with 2 orbitals.

As always, be careful around the beam ships. Moves faster each time it reappears. Returns in about the same spot on the right, however. Use that to your advantage and lob shots pre-emptively that way when able.

For normal ships: Clear out a spot you can sit first. For other ships, wait for a good opening and a full firepower bar. Unload everything, then bail.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • i think everyone should play spot the difference!! its a fun lil game and its very satisfying to find them all haha

Years
  • Looks like I'm on Team Guerreros this year. I'm happy to be here, and have the epic Alolan Marowak for my mascot. I'm having issues with discord right now. I can get on, but experiencing slowness and freeze ups, which I have heard some complaints about with the app updates, so I will probably be using the forum more to communicate, unless I get the kinks ironed out soon. But I'm getting ready to go!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • yay!! i think the thing to check frequently would be the team spreadsheet for trivia and then just joining whatever events you can~

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    hi we have a thread in pc discord, but for those participating in the event that don't have any access to that, if anyone wants to battle for Battle Bash or Fortune Cup, let me know. my showdown tag is halver69

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Created some guides for the Arcade games.

Galactic Wars​
    List of power-ups:
    • Dual Shot. Looks like =. Recommends this. Unleashes a lot of shots in a focused area. Can be difficult to hit projectiles with it, however.
    • Spread Shot. Shows three shots. Spreads too late for personal taste. Also consumes a lot of firepower. Recommends avoiding this, even if you do not have Dual Shot.
    • Orbitals. Looks like a blue star. Circles around you. Recommends avoiding this also. Eats up some of your firepower on unfocused shots.
    • Speed. Looks like a lightning bolt. Increases your movement speed. Begins at 1 Speed. Increases up to 3 Speed. Does not seem to affect your firepower (or at least, very little). Managed without it for a high score. Should be fine to get, though.
    • Infinity. Looks like a green infinity sign. Allows you to attack without regard to firepower...sort of. Limited its duration by how many times you fire, not time.

List of ships:
    • Pink ships: Fires a swirling pink mine. Perishes to a single shot, unlike all the others.
    • Gray ships: Fires missiles.
    • Green ships: Fires a green cloud. Cannot shoot down the cloud.
    • Beam ships: Fires a beam. Tends to be the last one to die. Do not stay directly above or below it. Moves one of those directions after firing its beam.
    • Boss: Appears in Wave 15. See the top banner of the game for what it looks like. Fires a beam from the top and bottom of the ship (not the center, as the banner shows). Shoots missiles in the middle area between the beams. Also contends with swirly mines coming from the right edge. May be a good time for Spread Shot?

Main strategy: Carve out a hole somewhere. Prefers the center. Deals with the beefier enemies first that way.

After clearing out the enemies in a small section, be patient. Wait for your firepower to return. Also wait for the other ships to be as far back as possible. Seems to move up more often when you are in front of them. Fly in a little bit, unload all your fire power, then return to your safe space.

For beam ships: Speeds up every time it exits and re-enters. Usually re-enters in the same rough area, though. Launch all your fire power where you think it will appear. Do not linger there. Exercise patience, as always. Waited through 5+ re-entries plenty of times.

Earns an extra ship for every 3000 points. Awards a x2 score multiplier if you have full lives. Jumps to x3, x4, and so on if you are still at full lives at the next breakpoint. Loses this multiplier upon dying. (Pretty sure on that, anyways.)

Toss It!​
    Drag items to their proper places. Earns +1 point and +3 seconds for doing it right. Loses 1 point and 3 seconds for putting it in the wrong spot. Circled the item and where you put it below.

Guerreros Team Thread
    Book -> Bookcase
    Phone, Keys -> Purse
    Sock, Bra -> Wardrobe
    Can -> Refrigerator
    White...wrapper? -> Trash Can

Deals with strange things in the house too: a moving office chair, wardrobe door, toilet paper, blinds, and a spider. Click them to stop it. Earns +10 points for doing it.

The final mechanic: panic. Occurs upon getting close to one of the strange things above. Runs erratically around the house. Stops dropping items. Reduces your score and timer while panicking too. Click them to calm them down.

Becomes very difficult to stop panic the deeper you get, even with spam-clicking. Loses a half-minute from panic regularly towards the end, if not more. Flies around the house at light speed. May be able to increase your odds, however. Watched them panic for a bit. Did not capture every possible path or run point. Looks something like this:

Guerreros Team Thread
    Goes through certain chokepoints in places. Circled the rough area. Spam-click the closest area and wait for them to come to you. Does not guarantee success, though. Slipped through the clicks a few times.

A general priority list:
    1. Stop panic
    2. Stop moving objects. (Also not a bad idea during panic. Could became panicked immediately after calming down, if unlucky. Only go for the closest ones, in this case.)
    3. Return items. Drops items very quickly later on.

Hyper Jump​
    Cannot say much on this one. Be ready to jump, especially at the edges. Surprises you with a log pretty easily there.

Some of the hazards:
    • Log: A line. Moves from one edge to the other. Indicates where it will come from based on the arrow along the edge.
    • Bomb: A stationary, flashing ball. Explodes after a while.
    • Grenade: Bounces in, then explodes.
    • Shooter: Aims a few shots at you, then fires all of them in order. Speeds up and fires more shots over time.
    • Laser: Fires between two edges after a slight delay. Wiggles a bit.
    • Rotating Log: Log, but now at a slight angle.
    • Homing Bomb: Bomb, but now following you. Explodes quite quickly.
    • Splitter: An orange grenade. Splits into two normal grenades after a few bounces
    • Homing Grenade: Splitter, but now following you.
    • 3 pc Laser: Laser, but now between three edges. Forms a triangle.
    • Homing Bullets: Shooter, but with bullets curving towards you. Managed to completely circle around and return to the play area sometimes.
    • Star. Spins around for a little bit. Fires beams out from its four corners (while spinning).

Breakdown​
    Edit: Now with video here

Leads with mechanics first. The first most important concept: deleting balls. Deletes a ball by filling in a block as the ball enters it. Try to get a feel for the timing without going for a high score. Can be a bit finicky sometimes. Focus on one block and eliminate as many balls as possible.

The second most important thing: Time Stop Bombs. Earns them by filling in every block. (Turns your wall shiny when every block is filled.) Activates a Time Stop Bomb with 'C'...but never do that. Receives 500 points per Time Stop Bomb. Winds up being the majority of your score. Adds only 50 points to your score for each remaining block. Probably lost points overall, even when considering the value of having every block filled for more bombs. (Feel free to give it a try, though. May come up with an even better strategy.)

Now, the actual strategy. First of all, do not wait for each block to fill. Mash X to fill blocks as fast as possible. Try to fill in the bottom two rows before the first ball hits your blocks.

With that much filled, prioritize removing balls. Fill in the third row (from the bottom) as able. Advises waiting to fill the top row until one ball remains. Provides more opportunities to remove the other balls.

Ideally creates a full wall. Keep it shiny as long as possible. Let the top row deteriorate if 2-3 yellow balls are hammering your wall. Delete the balls, then return to your full wall.

Recommended ball deletion priority:
    1. Red. Tears through blocks. Spam X where it will first hit. Might stop it before it does big damage.
    2. White. Explodes. Usually hits a top row block, in personal experience. Stop it if you can, though.
    3. Yellow.

Ends on one final note: randomness. Seems to contain a stupid amount of it. Went on long stretches of silence for the current high-score. Failed to get a full wall in the game right before. Felt no difference in execution. So, do not feel defeated if you are struggling. Yell at the game and try again.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • HI TEAM! I did my best to find out where we stand on stuff, so here we go! Remember that not all of these contribute directly to our team score at the moment- many things will be tallied at the end of GT!

We are ahead in...
    - A&M Trivia: 245 to 185
    - E&M Trivia: 43 to 29
    - GT Challenge: 52 to 26
    - Draw-Along: 30 to 20

We are trailing in...
    - VG Trivia: 20 to 23.5
    - 6 Degrees: 30 to 40
    - FG/PT Spotlight: 222 to 165

Arcade
    - Deva and Apro are holding first and second in Galactic Wars!
    - Deva and Juno are holding first and second in Toss It!
    - Zeo, Deva, and 5qwerty are holding first, second, and third in Hyper Jump!
    - Deva and Apro are holding first and second in Breakdown!

Battling
    - 5qwerty and I are holding first and third in Battle Bash!
    - 5qwerty is holding first in Fortune Cup, with Apro and me in joint third!

Other Notes
    - We are holding several top spots in Spot The Difference!
    - Pictionary is currently tied, unless my math is wrong!
    - Egg Swap is pretty dominated by Arqueros but I think we could catch up!
    - Mind Read The Room's next deadline is Oct 15, 11:59 Eastern!
    - I don't know where the Jackbox scores are?? Am I blind??
    - PMD&D still has slots open for Saturday!
    - Deadline to make a Pokémon Card is Oct 18!
    - Deadline for Fakémon round 1 is Oct 14, 19:59 Eastern!

Did I miss anything? Let me know! Keep having fun~

Last edited:
    Years
  • Im actually tied for 3rd place with 5qwerty in Hyper Jump, which earns me an additional achievement for being top 3 in at least 3 games in the arcade! Though I'll probably not be able to maintain that for long...

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Pokes back in here to talk about the Galactic Wars boss, for anyone curious. Mentions one dangerous thing: quick beams. Follows a general pattern of (Move Up/Down + Missiles), then firing its beams. Immediately fires its beams if it brushes against the top/bottom edge. Sometimes occurs multiple times in a row, causing multiple beam phases in a row (and maybe the missiles with them?). Becomes very nasty if the boss was only a little bit from the edge on the beam phase prior too.

Beat the boss. Scored fewer points due to dying the wave prior. Estimates maybe 1000 points for a boss kill (before multipliers). Proof of glory...and something else.
    Guerreros Team Thread
    What happens on Difficulty Level 2? Repeats the same waves, in order. Takes two shots to down a pink ship instead of one. Functions pretty normally otherwise, at a glance. (Scored a total of 11600 before losing.)

Sort of prefers 0 Speed increases, also. Sways in the space between the boss lasers to spread out shots to hit missiles and mines.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Luck. Spawns balls with some degree of randomness or around some unknown mechanic. Dealt with three red balls at once in one failed recording. Recommends being familiar with the reset button. Usually stumbles upon that huge silence after the initial surge of yellow balls, like in the video. Estimates that kind of luck once every...five runs? Shrugs.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Captured footage of the current Galactic Wars high score. Youtube Link. Recommends watching at 2x speed. Waits on ships several times.

Moves up and down while waiting sometimes. Tries to bait ships into moving forward. (May or may not move forward more often while you are in front of them. Certainly feels like the case.) Keeps some distance in case of unlucky mines. Swears on mines having larger hitboxes than the graphic indicates.

Will try to get a good Hyper Jump or new Breakdown video too. Met some success with bomb usage to maintain a full wall. Does not understand how to get 10000+ base score amount, though.

Edit: As mentioned:

Last edited:
    Back