• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, Everyone!

Days
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm not exactly the best with introductions, so I'll make this quick.. Hi, Everyone! You can call me Stafki! (Pronounced, Staff Key) Weird name, i know.
    I'm new here (okay, well i made an account like 55 days ago but i didn't start actually making posts until today)

I've always been off n' on this site, possibly for years, but i never bothered to really make an account till then. I've been a fan of Pokemon since Pokemon Black 2 & White 2, but my first games were Pokemon X & Y and ORAS, and still have been, as I've been enjoying Scarlet & Violet (It's not exactly as buggy as people would lead you to think) which has refueled my love for the franchise.

To end this, Here's a Trainer Card with some of my favorite Pokemon! (and also a list of my other socials, which i will be adding Pokecommunity to later)
    |
    |
    V

Hello, Everyone!

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • I'm not exactly the best with introductions, so I'll make this quick.. Hi, Everyone! You can call me Stafki! (Pronounced, Staff Key) Weird name, i know.
    I'm new here (okay, well i made an account like 55 days ago but i didn't start actually making posts until today)

I've always been off n' on this site, possibly for years, but i never bothered to really make an account till then. I've been a fan of Pokemon since Pokemon Black 2 & White 2, but my first games were Pokemon X & Y and ORAS, and still have been, as I've been enjoying Scarlet & Violet (It's not exactly as buggy as people would lead you to think) which has refueled my love for the franchise.

To end this, Here's a Trainer Card with some of my favorite Pokemon! (and also a list of my other socials, which i will be adding Pokecommunity to later)
    |
    |
    V

View attachment 154560
    Welcome to the community stafkiGTN!
    Those are some awesome favorites, Swadloon is such a cute pokemon!:love:
    Well, if your'e confused about how things work around here, feel free to ask any questions, i'd love to help! ^^

Days
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Welcome to the community stafkiGTN!
    Those are some awesome favorites, Swadloon is such a cute pokemon!:love:
    Well, if your'e confused about how things work around here, feel free to ask any questions, i'd love to help! ^^
    Thank you very much!! I'll keep you in mind if i need any help.

Hello Stafki, and (officially) welcome to the forums!
    You are doing fine for your introduction, no worries. ^^
    I love Black 2 / White 2, second favourite Pokémon game! Which starter did you pick ?
    Black & White 2.. I always picked Snivy. Ol' Smugleaf seemed the most appealing out of the others (though i've come to love oshawott too!)

Years
  • Black & White 2.. I always picked Snivy. Ol' Smugleaf seemed the most appealing out of the others (though i've come to love oshawott too!)
    Same! Snivy's line is great, with its resistance and healing moves. Not to count if we can get one with the Hidden Ability, Contrary, and Leaf Storm, making its Special Attack not decrease, but increase two stages per turn!

Years
  • Hello!

What did you like the most about X/Y and ORAS?
    Do you still remember what your teams were for your (first) playthrough?

Days
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Hello!

What did you like the most about X/Y and ORAS?
    Do you still remember what your teams were for your (first) playthrough?
    OOK, long post time. I was just gonna answer but i eventually just ended up writing this whole thing

The funny thing about my time with X & Y (specifically, X) was that the copy i owned was already preowned. the champion was already beat, and the elite four was steamrolled. The previous owner's team was really crazy; Mostly Legendaries. I'm pretty sure most of these you can't even get in X&Y unless you trade. But, considering the person had SEVERAL dream balls, and master balls, i wouldn't be surprised if the previous owner had used Powersaves, or something like it. i guess in a way, i hadn't played through X&Y. but it was still fun to just screw around.

Now, for ORAS (specifically, Omega Ruby) I can't say the same. I played through it a lot! I got past Fortree, then i lost the game cartridge somehow in between moving houses. it was pretty devastating.

i remember the day i got it so vividly; As a young tween, Me and my family went out to Mcdonalds as i played the game on my 3DS, i even got some Pokemon toys that they had there (Doing some research, it was the 2015 ORAS Happy meal toys) I had the Kyogre toy and the Lugia Toy.

I KNOW i had a Mudkip as a starter, and i also owned a squirtle i got from a wonder trade, which i eventually evolved into a Blastoise. I remember playing the super training minigame literally so much that Blastoise could defeat a majority of the balloon pokemon in a few seconds.
    Now, what did i like the most about ORAS? I can't decide, honestly. Even going back to the GBA to play Gen 3, i still find myself enjoying it a whole bunch. I even got myself a new copy of ORAS (specifically alpha sapphire) to check back and see if these Gen 6 remakes were as good as i remembered.. And Yeah, i still believe they're great, even now!

tl;dr, i like gen 6 and gen 3 a lot :]

Hello there Stafki, and welcome to the PC!

Do you have a favorite Pokemon Typing?
    My Favorite Pokemon typing? I've asked myself such a question, and well, recently I'ved notice that i tend to like a lot of Grass Pokemon, like Shroomish, Swadloon, Bulbasaur, Toedscool, etc etc
    So i suppose that grass type pokemon would be my favorite type!

Same! Snivy's line is great, with its resistance and healing moves. Not to count if we can get one with the Hidden Ability, Contrary, and Leaf Storm, making its Special Attack not decrease, but increase two stages per turn!
    I used to not really like Snivy's evolutions design wise, but as of late i've kind of come around on it! what can i say, i just really like snakes! and Contrary as an ability is really neat, that makes it much more helpful for dealing heavy damage

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Grass is a cool Typing! The first Grass Type Pokemon that comes to mind for me is Meowscarada, who also just happens to be my favorite starter. ^^

Oh, and I merged your replies together, but all you need to do to reply to multiple people at once is just to hit the Respond button on all the posts you want to reply to.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Hello, Everyone!

Welcome, it's nice to see you join in and make an account! What made you decide to finally sign up?
    I do like Scarlet and Violet a lot! Though I noticed on your card you have half your team from older generations. Did you go end up going back and playing all the other ones after XY and ORAS just like you mentioned with Gen 3, or did they just appeal to you otherwise?

Hope to see you around!

Days
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Grass is a cool Typing! The first Grass Type Pokemon that comes to mind for me is Meowscarada, who also just happens to be my favorite starter. ^^

Oh, and I merged your replies together, but all you need to do to reply to multiple people at once is just to hit the Respond button on all the posts you want to reply to.
    Ah, i see! thanks for letting me know!
    Hello, Everyone!

Welcome, it's nice to see you join in and make an account! What made you decide to finally sign up?
    I do like Scarlet and Violet a lot! Though I noticed on your card you have half your team from older generations. Did you go end up going back and playing all the other ones after XY and ORAS just like you mentioned with Gen 3, or did they just appeal to you otherwise?

Hope to see you around!
    Good question! i have actually gone back and played most mainline games in the series, and have already played the ones after them (the DLCs for SH and SV don't count, i don't have them but if i did i would probably talk a little bit about them) and i honestly enjoy them all lot! though, even if they are technically better in terms of content and story, I just like Gen 3. I honestly think the only *bad* game in the series is Pokemon Sword & Shield, and then again, i don't really hate it as i do just.. kind of feel bored by it? compared to SV and compared to USUM, i feel as if though SWSH was just kind of lacking all around. I will admit, I have grown born with Kanto though, and Johto was never really too much of a favorite, even with the remakes. I don't really know why.

I used to not really like gen 4 at all, but I've been starting to come around on it! and of course, Gen 5 is superb. Though, oddly enough, I've found myself enjoying B&W more than their sequels.

As for how i feel about Sun & Moon and USUM, i like them. in fact, for a while, they used to be my favorite games in the series. Though, yes, it does have it's pacing issues. Even thinking about the exposition in those games are enough to make me tired.

Most of the Pokemon from the trainer card are just some of my major favorites. if we were to talk about every Pokemon i really like, we'd be here for AWHILE.

Back