• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hey guys! a question about the ds!

calanton

Check out Pokemon Liquid Ocean
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Is there like a working ds emulator on the net that plays commercial games???
    Let me know. Just a Yes or a No. if yes would you be kind enough for a link.
    but if it's against the rules don't bother.
    THNX in advance!!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • There are currently no emulators for the DS that allow playing of commercial games.
    The only things that are emulated so far are function demos or small non-commercial games (Homebrews).
    Also, please resize your Signature, as it is too tall.

calanton

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    ok thnx . since i don't know how to minimize my sig could you give a hint?

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
  • Don't use so many <br> codes in your signature so it's not so spaced out. Then it's up to you to re-organize your images horizontally to your preferences. Or just take out certain images..

Off topic.. pffh. >_<

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    Scizz said:
    There are currently no emulators for the DS that allow playing of commercial games.
    The only things that are emulated so far are function demos or small non-commercial games (Homebrews).
    Also, please resize your Signature, as it is too tall.

That's not entirelly accurate there are a couple that play commercial games there is one that plays a few of them actually but it is slow on most games but on some others they play nicely

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • axlefoley said:
    That's not entirelly accurate there are a couple that play commercial games there is one that plays a few of them actually but it is slow on most games but on some others they play nicely
    Well, actually...no.
    Out of 10 commercial games, there might be one Emulator which can eventually load a few of them.
    The other will either crash after you loaded the ROM, will just show you a black screen,or let you get to the titlescreen.
    If you are lucky, you can emulate a game, with a lot of glitched graphics.

To name one popular Emulator: iDeaS.
    As you can see in the iDeaS compatibility list, most of the games are not playable.
    The farest as you can get is to emulate a game with glitchy graphics, but that's not what I understand as "playing".

I don't need to name a list of other GPL emulators, as they have almost the same lists. (Maybe some others are able to load some other games til the title screen, but that's it.)

The only exception to that is the Ensata Emulator, which is illegally ripped off from Nintendo's Dev Kits.
    This one actually can "play" a few games.
    But all of them are slow (and/or glitchy). Which, again, is not what I understand as playing.

Ensata compatibility list:
    Code:
    0010 - Cool 104 Joker & Setline (J) (Wario) - Yes  Works perfectly 
    0024 - Robots (E) (Trashman) - Yes  Works but slowly  
    0029 - GoldenEye - Rogue Agent (U) (Trashman) - Yes  Works but slowly 
    0038 - Ping Pals (U) (GBXR) - Yes  Works perfectly  
    0054 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour (E) (GBXR) - Yes  Works but slowly  
    0059 - Robots (U) (Trashman) - Yes  Works but slowly  
    0065 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour (U) (SpankMe) - Yes  Works but slowly
    So, the things that are actually playable are, as I said, either Homebrews, Demos or function tests.
    It will take some time until commercial games can be played.

calanton

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    i was just asking cuz rom reactor had put the other day awhole bunch os ds games and i was wondering if an emulator had allready been released.thnx anw! :)

Back