• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Manga] Honest reviews on Pokemon Adventures

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • So what it says. Basically, share your thoughts on what is seemingly the most well known pokemon comics.

For me, I do like it overall, well, for the most part. The chapters for gens1-2, 3 overall mixed but mostly good, although some problems include the RS chapter ending (which many complained about in a thread I made on another site and I agree, it's an asspull). 4 I guess was okay, I really don't remember too much about DPPt's chapters although from what I have heard the good parts were very good, and HGSS's chapter was alright.

And then the is gen5's chapter... in the games, it's my favourite gen, and in Adventures, it's my personal most controversial chapter. When it's good, it's amazing, and when's it's bad, it's just so offensive and edgy that I'm pretty sure anyone reading who isn't an edgy teen will probably be horrified, confused, or whatever. I won't go far in because honestly, it's fucking messed up. People go on about the older gens of Adventures being "too dark" but they've never seen the gen5+ stuff Adventures has dones, and from what I've read and been told of, it makes it clear that Adventures is currently deserving as EASILY the edgiest, most offensive, and most raunchy thing in the franchise.

So my thoughts? Yeah, can't say I'm thrilled to read something that's now currently directed to a stage I used to be but since have moved past from. I've posted in another thread on a scene I used to think was okay but now think is not okay, I now just think this series is not for me anymore. I'm now just wondering things like "WHY ISN'T THIS SERIES OVER YET?". I also think the art has gotten worse as well.

Overall, I stopped at 52 volumes, and I'm glad that I did and refuse to buy more installments. Tl;dr, I still like it overall, but feel the chapters for the newer generations just appeal way too much to angsty teenagers by being insanely offensive, and full of negative energy that I just can't help but not read them.

Years
  • they really didn't need to draw out Groudon and Kyogre's fight in the Hoenn arc to literally 2 whole books. felt like i was reading an anime with filler episodes all completely drawn out.

i 100% ship Red with Yellow though. that's my fave bunch <3

Years
  • I never went past the beginning of the Gold saga, and reading this honestly makes me want to catch up. The original saga with Red and co was great - I got addicted and binged it pretty quickly. Plus we had Yellow who I loved. <3 Not sure why I got lazy when I moved on to gen 2, maybe it's because I wasn't used to getting brand new characters after getting so attached to the original ones. Still, Gold is fun and I want to see more of him. Gotta read the Unova saga too to see what all of your thoughts are about, it's my favorite gen so I want to see how it's done in the manga.

Back