• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool✓] How do I open my rom with porymap?

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2022
    Im a little scared theres no tutorial. It looks like a little experience with advanced maps would go a long way though. Is it going to need me to use cygwin?

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    You cant open your rom with PoryMap, the tool is made to open and edit the decompiled source files. So unless you are already working with the decomp, its not the programm you are looking for.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2023
    You can open your disassembly in PoryMap by going to File > Open Project and navigate to your pokeemerald folder. It's best you use the word disassembly instead of rom hack so not to confuse ppl. Also, just tweaking around with stuff is the best way to learn, (unless you've done all you can to try to fix the problem, then ask away). If you do make edits ,I recommend you make backups with git commits. Goodluck in the future!

Back