• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Would you Describe Gen 8 OU so far?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    As someone who fell out of competitive at the start of this gen, I'm interested to hear.

Which Pokemon and play styles define the meta right now? How does it compare to previous gens in terms of balance and fun?

I remember stall was a pretty dominant strategy in gen 7. They were highly common above 1700+ on Showdown. I never had an issue with them. It was extremely satisfying when you could break through those teams.

Years
  • Granted, the meta has shifted and I've fallen out of actually playing a bit at the moment. From what I understand though, balance and hyper offence are much more prevalent than stall this gen since while stall gained Corsola-G and Dugtrio is back, it also lost many of its best weapons with Dexit and Toxic being less wide spread.

Back