• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen I just experienced the infamous hax of emerald's battle tower

yamibakura95

Shadow Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2022
    -round 78

-i sent out metagross, opponent leads with gardevoir

-gardveoir hits with fire punch

-metagross responds with shadow ball but it misses (either due to lax incense or brightpowder)

-i switch to latios

-i got for dragon claw and it misses

-gardevoir uses ice punch and gets a crit

-i sent out swampert

-gardevoir uses ice punch

-EQ misses

-gardevoir faints pert with a crit ice punch

-metagross was at red so nothing could be done at that point

ALL my attacks missed due to brightpowder/lax icense hax and gardevoir got critical hits where it mattered the most

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
    that's not really hax tho is it?

The Battle Facilities are the best of the best of trainers.
    You gotta be prepared for such events as this.

Counter their held items with your own held items, counter their abilities with your own abilities, so on so forth.

yamibakura95

Shadow Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2022
    that's not really hax tho is it?

The Battle Facilities are the best of the best of trainers.
    You gotta be prepared for such events as this.

Counter their held items with your own held items, counter their abilities with your own abilities, so on so forth.

thats exactly what hax is. i dont disagree they are the best trainers but this was pure luck on the AI's side. gardevoir should have fainted from the first shadow ball. its established that as the rounds go higher the AI gets better chances at activating situational items like quick claw, scope lens. I read about it but i had to see it for myself to believe it.

sure, you can work your way around this by building better teams but im not interested in going out of my way to build a team just for a gold shield. my team got me 6 golds in BF, it did its job waaay beter than i had envisioned. maybe i will make a new team just for the gold shield one day

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The unfortunate curse of battle facilities: you need to win all your matches while they just need one trainer to win. And if you run into just enough encounteres with good RNG you're bound to run into that one bad encounter that ruins your progress and sets you back to zero.

It's one of the reasons why I usually don't bother with these facilities.

yamibakura95

Shadow Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2022
    The unfortunate curse of battle facilities: you need to win all your matches while they just need one trainer to win. And if you run into just enough encounteres with good RNG you're bound to run into that one bad encounter that ruins your progress and sets you back to zero.

It's one of the reasons why I usually don't bother with these facilities.

you can get the golds with so me difficulty tbh ngl. But for high streaks (100+) you need specialized teams that can play around anything. Thing is, it take time to create a new team and i find it really cheap on the game's side to demand a specific team just for battle tower.

Back