• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen I want some tips for faster playthrough in crystal and silver.

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I'm planning on farming for 12 master balls for 4 Raikou 4 entei and 4 suicune in crystal. This means 16 separate playthroughs. How do I optimize for this?

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    This could be a viable option, thank you. Do the cloned master balls get flagged through Pokemon bank and or home? I need to know before I start cloning the master balls. If so, I can reduce this to 5 separate playthroughs. Cloned legendary beasts do get deleted though, so I can't just clone the beasts to get a set 12 in home. Pokemon caught in cloned poke balls (master balls) in separate save files, aren't clear if they can transfer up without issue.

Years
  • Nah, you'd be fine. If you cloned the Pokémon, they'd be flagged, but items are different. I'm relatively certain the ball data for a Pokemon isn't tracked in any rendition of Gen 2, so it might as well be any old Pokéball.

Back