• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If your pets were a Pokémon..

Years
  • ...what would they be?

My ragdoll cat is back home with family. I think she'd most likely be a Skitty since she's more energetic/hyperactive and likes to run around, which reminds me of that species (especially thanks to the anime). :'D

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I like to think of Ciel as a grey Eevee (inspired by its GSC Shiny, but not "Shiny" per se since that would be too rare). Not the most cat-like Pokémon, but Game Freak staff have likened it to a cross between a cat and a dog. (Coincidentally, "puppy cat" is a nickname given to cats that exhibit dog-like behavior, such playing fetch and following their person around, traits exhibited by Ciel.)

Spoiler:

I also considered Espurr, but it's more specifically based on a Scottish Fold. Glameow doesn't seem fluffy enough (depending on how one interprets the tail anyway: thin and springy vs wide and airy) and strikes me as more of a bi-color cat. Torracat could fit since it's got the 'chops and Ciel's technically a tabby (albeit diluted), but it doesn't remind me enough of him without giving it non-canon colors. Plus, Ciel loves to be packed around and that might be a bit harder to do with a Torracat... ^^'

Simon and Kiki would be Litten and Umbreon, respectively. These two are more family pets than "mine," but they're closer to being mine than our other pets.

Spoiler:

Other "Pokémon" we have running around include a couple Meowth (calicos), Persian (Siamese mixes), and Purrloin (bi-color tabbies), a Sprigatito (lynx-point longhair), a few more Litten (tabbies) and another Umbreon (black cat), a Torracat (tabby tomcat), a couple Snubbull/Herdier/Electrike (was told they were Bostons but I think they're Buggs), and an outdoor Piloswine/Mamoswine (pot-bellied pig w/ tusks). Though things probably wouldn't have gotten this out of control if they were Pokémon, given their size, dietary needs, etc.

Last edited:
    Days
    • they/he
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    My family had a mini pinscher, which appearance-wise definitely evokes houndour. I was hesitant at first because this was a very sweet-tempered, bask-in-the-sunlight kind of dog, so the dark typing and 'evil' stereotype of houndour didn't seem to fit. But they are also described as very loyal and that fits to a T.

Back