• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Info on the 2023 update?

Years
    Hi, ever since I joined back in January, I've seen a banner explaining how the site is planning on pushing out a major update this year. However I can't seem to find any information about this update at all; I don't see anything about it in the sections and the site itself doesn't seem to have any info about it either. Is a 2023 release still planned? What will the update consist of? I'm just a bit confused about the whole situation.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Hi, ever since I joined back in January, I've seen a banner explaining how the site is planning on pushing out a major update this year. However I can't seem to find any information about this update at all; I don't see anything about it in the sections and the site itself doesn't seem to have any info about it either. Is a 2023 release still planned? What will the update consist of? I'm just a bit confused about the whole situation.

Hi! The planned update referenced is actually a migration to completely different forum software. PC has been running for years (decades....) on outdated vBulletin software that was heavily customized by many different people over many different years, which is very hard to keep running well and doesn't give opportunity to add many modern features. Sheep has been working with someone to make sure that all of our PC-specific features and atmosphere are retained when we migrate, which is fiddly work considering all our customizations. I know it's late in the year already, but a 2023 release is still being aimed for! The site shouldn't be too different when we migrate, especially on the user-end, but it'll allow us to introduce and use more features with far less hassle over time. :)

Years
    Hi! The planned update referenced is actually a migration to completely different forum software. PC has been running for years (decades....) on outdated vBulletin software that was heavily customized by many different people over many different years, which is very hard to keep running well and doesn't give opportunity to add many modern features. Sheep has been working with someone to make sure that all of our PC-specific features and atmosphere are retained when we migrate, which is fiddly work considering all our customizations. I know it's late in the year already, but a 2023 release is still being aimed for! The site shouldn't be too different when we migrate, especially on the user-end, but it'll allow us to introduce and use more features with far less hassle over time. :)

Thank you for the explanation!

Back