• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Is it okay to reset?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Finally getting around to the Sword & Shield DLC, and I discovered you can't catch all of the legends in the DLC (which is dumb). I was going to reset and play through the game again to get the two that I couldn't catch the first time (and also shiny hunt in the Dyna Max raids), but was thinking about the preorder outfits for the Sw/Sh game. Has anyone reset their game before? Were you able to still get the Eevee and Pikachu outfits from the DLC if you reset?

Not sure if I should reset if I'll lose anything like that I can't get back again.

Years
  • I do think it does make sense to catch legendary Pokémon just once, because well, they're legendary.
    Anyway, googling around, it seems that if you reset the game, you will lose the pre-order bonuses. On the other hand, you might consider making a new account on the Switch and starting a new adventure from there without losing your older save file.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I do think it does make sense to catch legendary Pokémon just once, because well, they're legendary.
    Anyway, googling around, it seems that if you reset the game, you will lose the pre-order bonuses. On the other hand, you might consider making a new account on the Switch and starting a new adventure from there without losing your older save file.
    I found some advice/instructions on how to access my alt profile from HOME, so I am going to make a new game on that and shiny hunt. Thanks for the answer!

Back