• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is masuda method still possible in gens 4-5

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The Masuda method first became a thing in Gen 4, so yeah in every generation from 4 on you can make use of that

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Ok, but is possible anymore without foreign pokemon on your save files? If not are there methods to get foreign pokemon without internet? Because the Nintendo DS wifi is no longer in support.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There's not really any way to get Pokemon for the Masuda method without the internet. You have to have Pokemon that come from a game of a different region/language in order for to do the Masuda method, and the main way to do that is via WiFi trading. If you were lucky enough to encounter and trade with someone irl that happens to have the games from a different region that would work too, but the chances of that happening are pretty much nonexistent.

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I guess it'll still serve a purpose if I send them through transporter to gens 6-7 on the 3ds. I may have to transfer them over to home for gens 8-9 maybe 10 if the pokemon 3ds internet servers seize to exist over lack of support.

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    But I don't have foreign Pokemon, and someone told me it's not possible on ds anymore if you got no foreign Pokemon. I guess I can always use the poke transporter to transfer them up and get foreign dittos off of trades in gens 6 and 7 and is possible to breed all breed able pokemon from 1 to 7 generations with masuda method still being possible in these games.

Years
  • Ok, but is possible anymore without foreign pokemon on your save files? If not are there methods to get foreign pokemon without internet? Because the Nintendo DS wifi is no longer in support.

That's true, but you can use a fan-run server called Wiimmfi to get the DS online even after the shutdown.

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Can I connect with foreign players over this wifi server in 2023? I want to get 2 foreign dittos on my copy of diamond and black 2 so I can use masuda method for shiny breeding.

Back