• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Professor Kukui our biological cousin?

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Kukui seems to know the player character, even able to talk to us via Skype. While it is part of Hawaiian culture to call people "cousin", Kukui is the only one that does this and ONLY for the player character. What are your thoughts, everyone?

Smooth Vibes

...as you wish...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2016
    I'm pretty sure it's a cultural reference. Also, who doesn't use skype these days? I mean in a gen where HMs are gone and we're riding pokemon everywhere... anything is possible.

Years
  • Cousin is a cultural reference to Hawaii, since it's known to be addressed a lot in real-world Hawaii. I also presume the reason he seems to know who the protagonist was is because he and the protagonist's mother might be friends or something.

Days
    • She/her
    • Seen Mar 23, 2024
    Kukui seems to know the player character, even able to talk to us via Skype. While it is part of Hawaiian culture to call people "cousin", Kukui is the only one that does this and ONLY for the player character. What are your thoughts, everyone?
    Kukui is my cousin lol 😍👊🏻

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Somewhat doubt it. I always thought he only called us cousin as a term because it's a cultural reference. As for why he does it only to the player, possibly because he respects the player.

Back