• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Is there a way to make a type of ball be able to steal trainers pokemon

Days
    • Seen Mar 1, 2024
    I was gonna add another Ball called rocketball (based on Team Rocket) and i want that ball to be able to steal trainers pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Have you checked how snag balls work yet? thos only work on shadow pokemon but they can be used in trainer battles.

Years
    There definitely is, yes.

As suggested above, look at how other types of ball that do similar things work.

You'll want to think about how a poke all is used. My memory is a bit fuzzy but somewhere after selecting one during a battle there is a check to see if it's a trainer battle or a wild battle. Here you would alter the check to see if the ball type is the same as your rocketball.

If the ball being used is a rocketball (and therefore okay to use in a trainer battle) then use it anyway. Then maybe play some sort of animation/sound/text that informs the player they've stolen (or attempted to steal!) a trainer's pokemon.

Then if there's any sort of repercussions for this (a bounty on the player or reputation or exp within the organisation) here is where you'd update it too.

I don't have specific links to where in the code you'd make these changes but it should be pretty straightforward to find!

Back