• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 4] Janp's Genlocke Adventures - Johto

Years
  • The Genlocke Challenge - Johto

Why am I so bad as posting? This run is a long overdue to be posted here. The continuation of my year long (or is it already two years) Genlocke is here! Sinnoh part was fun until it wasn't. That Lucian's battle left me scarred for life. But at least I have a room for new Pokémon. RIP Maui 2.

But first, what is a Genlocke about? It's regular Nuzlocke. Well, Hardcore Nuzlocke in my case. But after finishing one region, I'll breed my HoF team and send their offsprings to the next region. This also means that if I wipe somewhere, I have to start from Kanto again.

I'll do regions in following order:
    Kanto - Sinnoh - Johto - Unova - Kalos - Hoenn - Alola

Rules

1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead and must be released (or permanently put in PC).
    2. I can only catch the first wild Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first wild Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
    3. All Pokémon must be nicknamed.
    4. The region is completed, when I first see credits roll.
    5. Starter Pokémon must be randomly chosen. If the last digit of the player's Trainer ID number is 1-3, I must choose the Grass-type starter; if it is 4-6, the Fire-type starter; if it is 7-9, the Water-type starter; if it is 0, it's re-roll.
    6. A black out is considered as game over.
    7. I have to play with SET battle style.
    8. Each Gym battle has a level cap - the level of the last Pokémon of each Gym Leader. For E4 and Champion, I'll go with the last Pokémon of the Champion, but I'll put a softlock on how much I'll grind each Pokémon for the Elite Four.
    9. I can't use healing items in battle.

With that, let's continue on with this crazy adventure!

Back