• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Just finished a Team Galactic themed playthrough of Diamond

Years
    I have just finished my Team Galactic grunt playthrough of Diamond and I really enjoyed it was quite tough in parts and I kept the starter on my team as I never do a Pokemon game without using the starter.

Torterra (Female)
    Honchkrow (Male)
    Skuntank (Female)
    Purugly (Female)
    Weavile (Male)
    Bronzong

I traded a Glameow egg over from Pearl hatched it and raised Glameow until it evolved into Purugly which is a very underrated Pokemon and I did have Crobat which I caught as Zubat in Oreburgh Gate but switched it for Murkrow.

These were the movesets I had one the Pokemon which is the same moveset I always use on these Pokemon

Torterra (Female)

Solarbeam
    Razor Leaf
    Leaf Storm
    Earthquake

Honchkrow (Male)

Fly
    Aerial Ace
    Shadow Ball
    Dark Pulse

Skuntank (Female)

Poison Jab
    Sludge Bomb
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower

Purugly (Female)

Shadow Ball
    Thunder
    Return
    Iron Tail

Weavile (Male)

Surf
    Shadow Ball
    Dark Pulse
    Ice Beam

Bronzong

Flash Cannon
    Iron Defence
    Extrasensory
    Faint Attack

I did swap a Pokemon or two out with a Bibarel (Strength & Rock Climb) & Gastrodon (East Sea) (Waterfall) whenever I needed to traverse somewhere that required HM's.

Skuntank, Purugly & Bronzong swept the Sinnoh Super Contests in Hearthome City and all 3 Pokemon have all 20 Sinnoh Super Contest Ribbons.

Weavile was the last addition to the team as I caught a Sneasel on the way to Snowpoint City as I knew I would need it for Cynthia's Garchomp and the reason I taught Thunder to Purugly was to take care of Cynthia's Milotic I was quite overleveled when I got to Cynthia and I dealt with Spiritomb using Torterra

Candice is without doubt the hardest Gym Leader in Sinnoh (even with a balanced team she is still tough to beat) her Abomasnow wiped out all of my team apart from Skutank and Bronzong (which was my trump card against her) Sneasel went down fast as it was rather underleveled at the time.

Back