• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looking for a paid coder(s) for a mmorpg

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Hello. My name is Blue. I am looking into starting my own pokemon MMORPG and I am I need of a coder to help bring my dream game and idea to life, in a paid way. I'd generally like to start small with the Kanto region and build up from there. I am trying to be as realistic as possible about this project, so I think starting with one region and one regions pokemon then doing some testing on a live server with player databases is a good idea. If all goes well we can build up from there with other regions after. I have a ton of my own ideas to make a unique pokemon fanmade game that I have been thinking about and planning about for over a year. I was inspired by a popular pokemon game that got shut down on Roblox in 2018 and the dev no longer wanted to work on it. I thought making my own new twist to it, without the roblox limitations would be amazing. I will cover every part of the graphical perspective of the game including maps. I have some agreed on paid map artists on the side waiting on instructions and where to start. I am very serious about this project as I've spent a year thinking about if this was something I really wanted to do. In the past, I've had my own social media app developed similar to tiktok, so I do understand what kind of goes into mutli-user development and that its a strong long-term team effort. I am still not sure which engine or software would be used to make this multiplayer online game, but thats why id like to discuss with a coder what exactly needs to be done to make this happen and the costs that would be required to start the Kanto region along with my own custom features implemented. Feel free to send me a message, email, or discord add!

Discord bluee#1017 - email [email protected]

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    If you will do a gen 4 graphic game, lemme know because I can do commissions for pixel artist like sprite Overworld, Icons, trainer's Overworld, PSS Icons and stuffs.

Good luck tho! Look forward to see the project.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2021
    Can you give us an example of a feature that sets your game apart from existing Pokemon MMOs? Also, is this a passion project funded entirely by you or are you planning on making money from it somehow?

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2021
    If you don't have any luck finding help here it might be worth your time looking for freelance developers on other platforms especially because of the scope of your project. From some basic research (google) the software/engine depends on the developer making your game but the most recommended language would be C++ because it does well on both user and server side. Whoever you get, probably look for someone who knows the C++ language.

Back