• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Looking for tutoring to learn Ruby through Pokemon Essentials.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2022
    Hi!

I want to do a deep, deep dive into Ruby/RGSS and RPGMaker through Pokemon Essentials. In one year, I've finished a super basic super short pokemon type game. I've watched most of Thundaga's videos, many of them multiple times, I've spent a considerable amount of time (silently) on this forum, but I'm hungry for more.

Specifically, I want to learn Ruby/RPGMaker using Pokemon Essentials as the foundation.

I've realised that I need tutoring: I have no programming skills (yet), nor the willpower to learn everything on my own. So I'm looking for someone who knows Ruby as well as the scripts behind Pokemon Essentials to teach me Ruby in a more didactic way than pure theory.

I'm super motivated, I'm quite disciplined and I have time, so I promise to be a good student. I only have extremely basic programming knowledge: 200h+ with Pokemon Essentials v19, I worked on the code of an app during my phd and I did some scripting with a statistics software. I've recently started Marin's Ruby Basics document. In case it could be relevant, we can do the lessons in French, Spanish and/or English.

I was thinking of setting a price of 30€ per hour, once a week. Maybe 2 hours per week. Idk. This is negotiable, especially if you have experience in making games or you have contributed to the Pokemon Essentials project.

P.S.: This is literally my first post, on any forum (yay Pokémon Essentials!). If this isn't the right place for the post, sorry 👉👈

Last edited:
    Back