• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    This is try #2 at getting a good game of Mafia* going. Last time... Well, apparently, getting nine people to pay attention is too much to ask.

So, I ask you all... If you're going to be in this, be committed.

Now, because I hate boring things, I'm mixing it up by assigning each player a role, which can have one to two abilities, depending upon which side they are on. Also, some roles have special win conditions.

Yeah. I'll write a fancy intro if I can get this thing off the ground.

Once we get enough people, I'll PM roles and such, along with reminders of abilities and all that. The abilities will be written so that it won't be obvious who's who.

The Roles:
    Spoiler:

Explanations as to Why I Picked the Characters for the Roles
    Spoiler:

Why not just give the characters generic names?

This way is more fun.

So, yes. The point is, with multiple roles, you know which roles are in the game, but you don't know which side they're on, or what they can do. Therefore, it's a good idea to hide your role unless absolutely necessary, and work behind the scenes to win.

Most of the roles were inspired by EpicMafia, admittedly.

So, yes. Any takers?

*Note the similarity in first names between Shellingford and Holmes. The idea is that, while a character knows that they are, indeed, Sherlock, they won't know which Sherlock until a day or two. So, the point is, if you're Sherlock... The other Sherlock could be in play. (I could've found a Sherlock name for Villefort, but... Meh)

Last edited:

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    The roles aren't exactly my idea (Well, most of them aren't), but the whole concept of doubling up is.

Wait, weren't you in the last Mafia game? *Glare*

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I dunno.

Maybe. I can't really remember.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'll join, but mind if I ask whether this is going to be in a thread or a social group? Because I think the downfall last time was that it was in a Social Group.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    I'll join, but mind if I ask whether this is going to be in a thread or a social group? Because I think the downfall last time was that it was in a Social Group.
    WAT? PC HAZ GR00PS?

Yeah, I think you're right, which is why I didn't make a group for it. ^^;

I'll join and see what all this is about. Don't be afraid to VM/PM me if I'm neglecting the game.
    I'll scream at you. I was way too lenient last time.

Joining means you agree to me yelling at you if you ignore us!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back