• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Mass Effect: Andromeda

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    A whole bunch of new information is dropping rapidly on the new Mass Effect game. We'll start with the part that requires the least reading.

New trailer dropped shedding some much needed light on what the heck the game is.

Now for the more text intensive parts

Around the time of Mass Effect 2 the "Andromeda Initiative" was started. 4 "arks" would be created each housing a different species and journey for 600 years through dark space to the Andromeda galaxy and more specifically to the Heleus cluster where a large group of supposedly habitable worlds is. Upon arrival things are not as expected of course, but I will leave why out, for those who like to stay dark on the story.

The gameplay is also changing a bit. The traditional action wheel that pauses the game is being combined with the multiplayer co-op system from ME3 with default no pauses (It's optional but not recommended) and hot keys. Classes are also being scrapped in their traditional sense. You will instead be able to invest in what sounds like skill trees. But classes are not fully gone, as investing in certain skills trees will unlock a class profile which will provide more traditional class system with perks for using those skills. Combat also is being made more mobile, with the removal of "sticky cover". You can now dynamically walk in and out of cover when needed. You also get the new jetpack, which can be used to dodge (replacing the roll), jump to higher (or lower) ground, and even hover mid air to shoot over cover!

From the sound of it we will only be in this one system for the entire game, but that is not confirmed

There's also the Andromeda Initiative which I had both made a separate thread for and mentioned above.

A new website hosts a new trailer as well as some other fun stuff (including a ME history of space travel timeline)
    Best viewed on PC
    Check it out here

What are your thoughts on the game with all this new information? Are you excited? Disappointing?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    Went ahead and merged the two threads/posts since they were of the same topic!

Arsenic

Years
    Thank you kind of. I figured it would soon sink out of circulation so I didn't put a delete me on it. Probably should have since I have to edit that out of this.

Years
    The Mass Effect series ranks highly in my top-however-many-games list. I'm pumped for this. I'm stoked.

I am curious to see what direction they go with combat and character management. ME1 was heavy on inventory management and more RPG-ish. By ME3 it was more of a 3rd person action shooter with dialogue options. I loved all 3 games so I don't really care what they do, I'm just curious.

Arsenic

Years
    It looks more like they're going more towards a combination of 1 and 3 from what I read in Gameinformer (currently the only information out of the game). I'm very interested in where this game goes.

Back