• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo's Revenge

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
  • I don't really know the rules of deck construction, so please help me out here. I recently made a deck that I want to use in tornaments.

Shining Mewtwo (Neo Destiny)
    Mewtwo ex (r/s)
    Mew (Expedition)
    Gastly (Expedition)
    Haunter (Expedition)
    Natu (x2) (Neo Discovery)
    Xatu (x2) (Neo Discovery)
    Girafarig (Neo Genesis)
    Espeon (Neo Discovery)
    Wobbuffet (Neo Discovery)
    Jynx (Aquapolis)
    Drowzee (Aquapolis)
    Mr. Mime (Aquapolis)
    Eevee (Neo Discovery)
    Girafarig (Neo Destiny)
    Clefairy (Expedition)
    Chansey (Aquapolis)
    Taillow (r/s)
    Trainers:
    Energy Ark (Neo Discovery)
    Pokemon Breeder Fields (Neo Revolation)
    Counterattack Claws (Neo Destiny)
    Energy Stadium (Neo Destiny)
    Heal Powder (Neo Destiny)
    Dual Ball (Expedition)
    Energy Removal 2 (Expedition)
    Pokemon Nurse (Expedition)
    Power Charge (Expedition)
    Full Heal (Expedition)
    Switch (Expedition)
    Seer (Aquapolis)
    Lady Outing (r/s)
    Oran Berry (r/s)
    Energy Search (r/s)
    Potion (r/s)
    Energies:
    Psychic- 16
    Fire- 3
    Lightning- 2
    Recycle Energy (Neo Genesis)
    Rainbow Energy (Aquapolis)
    Boost Energy (Aquapolis)

Can I use this deck? Is it tornament legal?
    Also, my friend told me that all the cards in your deck must be from the same series, is that true?
    Also, can I use energies from any series, even from the very first set, Base?
    Please rate! :)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    this deck is legal, but it borders on the insane. I really hope that Dakota puts up his Deck Buiding Guide again. Until then, I'll just copy and paste from dkates on Pokegym, because he does a really nice job of this!!!

BAH!!! Stupid restriction on size... Gotta talk to the mods bout that... can't post any articles here...

Anyhoo, I'm going to include a link to the topic post where I got this:
    https://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=839

Also, to answer your third question, yes, any BASIC ENERGY CARD from any set is legal. Double Colorless is not legal in Neo-on Modified. DCE, Potion Energy, and Full Heal Energy are not legal in E-on Modified. Only Darkness and Metal Special Energies are legal in EX-on format.

Your friend is wrong. You can use cards from any set that you want that is inside the format you are going to be playing in.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Ok, thanks, Bullados! I told you that I would make a deck for you to rate. ;)
    So, what cards in my deck can I NOT use? And what cards would make my deck better?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    read over that article, make a deck, tell me what format it's for, and I'll rate/fix it. As is, however, it's a -million/10, because of singles, too many Pokemon, too many NRG, and not enouh trainers.

Back