• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Regarding Village HR5 Urgent.

Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    On that note:
    Spoiler:

I got to HR 8 this morning, and going to spend a bit of time now re-killing monsters to make some more weapons, like a water-element charge blade! And that would be on par with my two other weapons as well, so all the better. Maybe will try online again just do grab another gore magala feeler...

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    I had monster hunter 3 last year in the 3ds and stopped playing it after a mere thirty minutes cause the tutorial sucked. Then I got monster hunter 4 and kept playing until I reached to the gypceros mission. I finally understand why people are saying that grinding for materials in this game is fun.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Thinking of switching up my weapons. Been Playing GS for 40 hours now.

What are some good Armors/Weapons for Dual Swords or Maybe Gunlance.

I'm Caravan 5 - HR3 At the Moment.

(I tried out Zamitos Armor and some random DB. Steaks give me infinite stamina for 60 sec. So you can Demon Dance all day. Killed a Great Jaggi in 2 minutes)

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey...
    I would love to hear about any Palicoes you guys have raised. What did ya name 'em? How many have you recruited so far? What armor have you crafted for them? What Fortes do you find the most useful? Do you plan on buying any of the upcoming Palico-specific DLC?
    I just really like Felynes, okay?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hey...
    I would love to hear about any Palicoes you guys have raised. What did ya name 'em? How many have you recruited so far? What armor have you crafted for them? What Fortes do you find the most useful? Do you plan on buying any of the upcoming Palico-specific DLC?
    I just really like Felynes, okay?
    Mixture of the suggested names or something related to their skill set (e.g. bomber ones --> Kaboom). After a while it just gets to be too many cats to name, especially when you can get high rank ones.

I made a coupel armour sets and now going to make high rank ones as they reap them (already done a kecha wacha + set). My main palico has the Luigi set. =) As for the Fortes, I use the healing one as a main, supplemented first with fighting and then thief once I got those. For harvest quests I now have five treasure palicos. =)

Meanwhile, in multiplayer a friend of mine has hit HR 96. Daaaannng.

Years
    Today, the 3DS Theme Shop updated with two new MH4U themes. I was afraid we were never gonna get any save for the one that comes with the digital version of the game. Here's a preview of the new themes (but back when it was Japan-only MH4G.)

Spoiler:

I got both themes, but I can see myself using the Palico one more because it's so dang cute. The animated Palicoes are purrfect!

l'll show myself out the thread.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I just beat the 6 star Urgent Quest. I guess this means the tutorial is over. Time for the hurt!

Made it all the way there in Najarla Set Decorated for Tremor Resistance. He carted me once, when I came back he fell almost instantly.

I'm only HR3 in online play.

---
    made it to HR4 - High Rank Baby!!!!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'm only in the first half (?) of HR9 myself in single. Last thing I fought was a frenzied Brachy which was... fun. :V And next I have a frenzied Deviljho. Oh dear. Done a couple HR expeditions of late as well.

In multi I hit hr4 over the weekend via online with my friend. And tomorrow night going to meet up with a bunch of friends for multi MH. Looking forward to it. =)

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    im in hr 7 in story mode. im only hr 1 in online play. i trying to level it up so i can get the legend of zelda dlc stuff. i want the clockwork insect glaive.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    im in hr 7 in story mode. im only hr 1 in online play. i trying to level it up so i can get the legend of zelda dlc stuff. i want the clockwork insect glaive.
    If you want to speed your way up to G-Rank so you can do the DLC, here are the key-quests.

Guild 1:
    Bug Burger
    Kecha Konundrum
    Tackling a Tetsucabra
    The Gypceros Project

Guild 2:
    Web Sighting (Urgent)
    Royal Assassination
    A Ghastly Gift
    Zamtrios of the Deep
    Nix the Najarala

Guild 3:
    Dark Wings, Dark Work (Urgent)
    Tigrex Tough Love
    Temper Tantrum
    Royal Audience
    Tuff Turf
    The Royal Guard
    Advanced: Sand Sailor (Urgent to HR)

Guild 4 HR:

Face Two Face
    Purple People Eater
    Buffoonish Baboon
    Dastardly Duo

Guild 5 HR:

Rathian's Wrath (Urgent)
    Writer's Block
    The Red Menace
    Dread Locked
    Temper Tantrum
    Advanced: Frenzied Foe

Guild 6 HR:
    Ore D'oeuvre (Urgent)
    Bring Down the Sky King
    Infernal Overlord
    Ear Ache
    Brimstone and Brachydios

Guild 7 HR:
    Advanced: Stop the Wheel (Urgent)
    Advanced: Grim Tidings
    Advanced: Teostra Tangle
    Advanced: Storm Front
    Advanced: Fleet Action
    Advanced: Speartip Menace (Urgent to G-Rank)
    Advanced: Glacial Grinder (Urgent to G-Rank)

Then, I believe you fight your first Tigrex (for the Clockwork Glaive) in Guild 9.

Unfortunately, both the Legend of Zelda and Clockwork Glaive are pretty much vanity weapons. There is very little merit in using them other than having a cool-looking weapon. But, I would totally make that Clockwork Glaive as well, haha.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Heh, my friend had written out such a list earlier, and with it we ended up into G1! Yeah, that is true. Some friends of mine managed to kill Mohran entirely into the loading zone and hence miss out on all the carves... I've avoided that thus far. It was quite the amount of hunting with friends. Whoops. :V Got a Tetsucabra G-rank armour, and now will go back and enjoy the low/high rank quests with better defences, and finish off the story in hr9 as well.
    Is anyone else having issues with online connectivity? My friends keep dropping a few seconds after joining my room. It's bizarre, and they don't seem to be able to fix it.
    You may want to google about and find out nintendo's solutions to that sort of problem with your router. There's pretty detailed instructions out there, but it basically involves setting up a manual IP address for your 3ds to use (you have to set that up on your 3ds as well) which may solve such a problem.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    If you want to speed your way up to G-Rank so you can do the DLC, here are the key-quests.

Guild 1:
    Bug Burger
    Kecha Konundrum
    Tackling a Tetsucabra
    The Gypceros Project

Guild 2:
    Web Sighting (Urgent)
    Royal Assassination
    A Ghastly Gift
    Zamtrios of the Deep
    Nix the Najarala

Guild 3:
    Dark Wings, Dark Work (Urgent)
    Tigrex Tough Love
    Temper Tantrum
    Royal Audience
    Tuff Turf
    The Royal Guard
    Advanced: Sand Sailor (Urgent to HR)

Guild 4 HR:

Face Two Face
    Purple People Eater
    Buffoonish Baboon
    Dastardly Duo

Guild 5 HR:

Rathian's Wrath (Urgent)
    Writer's Block
    The Red Menace
    Dread Locked
    Temper Tantrum
    Advanced: Frenzied Foe

Guild 6 HR:
    Ore D'oeuvre (Urgent)
    Bring Down the Sky King
    Infernal Overlord
    Ear Ache
    Brimstone and Brachydios

Guild 7 HR:
    Advanced: Stop the Wheel (Urgent)
    Advanced: Grim Tidings
    Advanced: Teostra Tangle
    Advanced: Storm Front
    Advanced: Fleet Action
    Advanced: Speartip Menace (Urgent to G-Rank)
    Advanced: Glacial Grinder (Urgent to G-Rank)

Then, I believe you fight your first Tigrex (for the Clockwork Glaive) in Guild 9.

Unfortunately, both the Legend of Zelda and Clockwork Glaive are pretty much vanity weapons. There is very little merit in using them other than having a cool-looking weapon. But, I would totally make that Clockwork Glaive as well, haha.

ah thank you. yeah right now i got the assault glaive that's level 6 with the windchopper :3

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I cleared all HR6 and below single quests, including The Caravaneer's Challenge. Managed that with the help of (low-levelled) G rank Tetsu armor, although did have some dumb carts. Smashed s. magala though. =)

Had an interesting G rank expedition recently. Decided to give it a go as it was the first rare one I encountered, unstable but only showing a Ruby Basarios. Turned out that two of those spawned, and I beat them both. Then a Deviljho showed up.

And then a Savage Deviljho showed up. :V Wrecked me, I couldn't even get them to give me a tear before I decided it's a waste of time especially when they could two-hit me. But my stealing-forte cats got me a Deviljho Crook out of it, haha.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    I cleared all HR6 and below single quests, including The Caravaneer's Challenge. Managed that with the help of (low-levelled) G rank Tetsu armor, although did have some dumb carts. Smashed s. magala though. =)

Had an interesting G rank expedition recently. Decided to give it a go as it was the first rare one I encountered, unstable but only showing a Ruby Basarios. Turned out that two of those spawned, and I beat them both. Then a Deviljho showed up.

And then a Savage Deviljho showed up. :V Wrecked me, I couldn't even get them to give me a tear before I decided it's a waste of time especially when they could two-hit me. But my stealing-forte cats got me a Deviljho Crook out of it, haha.
    ruby basarios!? omg i hate basarios and the other one. they annoy me so much.

i managed to get the cephalos armor and i now have auto tracker :D

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    After much Struggle, I have Full Monoblos Armor with some really awesome Charms and Decorations.

Attack Up LARGE
    Critical Eye +2
    Adrenaline +2

Time to Rock.

Back