• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first UU team

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
    Hi guys! This is my very first RMT, and I'm relatively new to competitive battling, so I expect it to be flawed. I'm not trying to be hard on myself, but I'm sure to be making some beginner mistakes that I'm not fully aware of. :7:

Back on topic, this is largely intended to be an offensive team, with Zoroark, Victini and Azumarill being the main power players. I've tested this a few times against other players with mixed results. I can recall one battle being terribly dragged out, but other than that I've either won pretty quickly or lost spectacularly, usually when there's something faster than Zoroark that Azumarill can't take down in one or two shots. I'm also finding myself prone to entry hazards, and while the healing can remedy that somewhat, I feel like I'd be losing something if I added in a spinner.

There's also a few quirks built in to mess with the opponent if something dangerous does pop up. Umbreon can take hits, all while healing itself and its allies. Togekiss is nice and bulky too, and can Baton Bass its Nasty Plots over when he's all done. Thanks to Serene Grace he's got a good chance of pulling off flinches, but that's not something to rely on. Mew is there to ruin setup Pokemon, as well as provide a way to annoy Pokemon immune to poison. Lastly, Zoroark is great for playing head games with opponents, as well as being an excellent sweeper. I'll usually disguise him as Umbreon, since it can also learn Dark Pulse, then watch as my opponent prepares to set up for attacking a tank, only to get swept.

That's the team in a nutshell. Any comments, feedback, and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My first UU team

Azumarill @ Choice Band
    Trait: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Waterfall
    - Aqua Jet
    - Double-Edge
    - Ice Punch

My first UU team

Zoroark @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Illusion
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Focus Blast
    - Trick

My first UU team

Mew @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Taunt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Softboiled
    - Psychic

My first UU team

Victini @ Life Orb
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
    Jolly Nature
    - V-create
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Bolt Strike

My first UU team

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 240 HP / 204 Def / 64 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Air Slash
    - Roost
    - Baton Pass
    - Nasty Plot

My first UU team

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Calm Nature
    - Wish
    - Heal Bell
    - Toxic
    - Foul Play

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Victini is using a Jolly nature, yet it's using special moves. What's up with that? Its physical sets are better off using Choice items to either boost its power or boost its Speed:
    -V-create
    -Bolt Strike
    -U-turn
    -Flare Blitz/Zen Headbutt/Brick Break
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Band

Victini's special set (or specially based mixed set) can afford to use Life Orb:
    -V-create/Blue Flare
    -Psychic
    -Focus Blast
    -Grass Knot
    Nature: Naive/Timid
    EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Disguising Zoroark as Umbreon is a pretty bad idea, IMO, since both share the same typing, and hence the same weaknesses. What if Heracross comes in and attacks "Umbreon" with Megahorn or Close Combat, only to find that it did a lot more damage than it should? Zoroark should only use Illusion to disguise itself as a Pokemon that resists its weaknesses, and take the same amount of hazards damage as Zoroark does, like Cofagrigus or the aforementioned Heracross. Umbreon doesn't EVEN carry Dark Pulse. Ever. Because of its horrible offenses and the fact that it must rely on Foul Play for even decent damage. Speaking of Foul Play, Zoroark also learns the move, but doesn't even use it:

Heracross:
    -Megahorn
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake/Sleep Talk
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    Ability: Guts/Moxie

or
    -Swords Dance/Substitute
    -Megahorn
    -Close Combat
    -Stone Edge
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Guts/Moxie

Cofagrigus:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Pain Split
    -Haze/Knock Off
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef

Edit: while Togekiss is able to learn Baton Pass, Gorebyss, Mew or Smeargle do the job better because Smeargle has Spore to ease setup of Baton Passing Shell Smash, Mew lacks a Stealth Rock weakness and Gorebyss, like Smeargle, can Baton Pass Shell Smash:
    -Thunder Wave/Heal Bell
    -Air Slash
    -Nasty Plot/Aura Sphere
    -Roost
    Nature: Bold/Calm
    EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe (Bold) or 248 HP/216 SDef/44 Spe (Calm)
    Ability: Serene Grace

Last edited:
    Back