• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile New Pokémon Colosseum developer information, images come to light

New Pokémon Colosseum developer information, images come to light

New Pokémon Colosseum developer information, images come to light

Early designs for the fabulous Miror B. and Pyrite Town have been shared, alongside information from developer interviews. Some Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire information have also been revealed.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Article has the details and images!

I wish there was more tbh, but Miror B concept art is a win. And some bits of the interview really showed how much of a boss Tawada is. 5 songs in 10 days? Of Colosseum's quality? Yikes.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    Interesting to see the original concept design for Pyrite City :3c
    Having to run through an entire mining tunnel to get to the Colosseum would have definitely fit with the semi-dungeon style they had going for all the areas. But would be tedious if one would have to eventually backtrack for challenging the Colosseum outside of plot.
    (Don't mind me taking more notes in the background, thinking about possible means to use this new knowledge for my comic)

Colosseum and XD have been a "want to have" on my list ever since it was advertised on TV. But in the end kid me was unable to get my hands on them due to the lack of a gamecube at the time. But lucky enough, I managed to find a very cheap gamecube and secondhand copies of the games, and it's been super enjoyable to play through them blindly and to break apart and analyze the story. ~

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Interesting to see the original concept design for Pyrite City :3c
    Having to run through an entire mining tunnel to get to the Colosseum would have definitely fit with the semi-dungeon style they had going for all the areas. But would be tedious if one would have to eventually backtrack for challenging the Colosseum outside of plot.
    (Don't mind me taking more notes in the background, thinking about possible means to use this new knowledge for my comic)

Colosseum and XD have been a "want to have" on my list ever since it was advertised on TV. But in the end kid me was unable to get my hands on them due to the lack of a gamecube at the time. But lucky enough, I managed to find a very cheap gamecube and secondhand copies of the games, and it's been super enjoyable to play through them blindly and to break apart and analyze the story. ~
    Yeah, it would make the Colosseum access a pain. Maybe that was changed during development, and so they put the bridge in afterwords?

It does make sense that those underground tunnel systems would also link to the Colosseum. And heck, we saw something similar in The Under as well with that train system to the Shadow Lab.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    True, to reach both the Under Colosseum and the Deep Colosseum one has to use the UFO to reach. It's kinda funny actually... three of the existing colosseums are to be reached by crossing the exact same chasm, now that I think of it.

That said, the shadow lab did enforce one of the the sillier backtrack I have ever seen in a game. Going there by the train, get blocked by an explosion that prevents you from proceeding, but does get you the access key to the labs. Run outside, drive to the lab by bike. Go in from there to proceed.

And for what? To solve a plothole where they couldn't explain how the protagonist would be able to fetch his motorbike in case the player would enter via train, and leave through the lab's front door?

Back