• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames

Years
    For those who nickname their mons, have you already thought of one for the starter you're gonna choose? Or are you the type to wait til you see their final evos? Just curious is all hehe.

Personally if I were to play, I'd choose Fuecoco and name it smth cute like... Paprika :3

Years
    I haven't fully decided on the starter yet as I wanna see their final evolutions first.
    Atm the cat is the most likely candidate.

When it comes to nicknames I just make them up on the spot without planning =p

Years
    I would like to see the final evolutions first but that won't happen until a little before the game comes out. So, since I love giving Pokémon nicknames I'll give it a try.

For Sprigatito I looked for plant names to match its type.

Chervil: From the vegetable.
    Rosie: Diminutive of rose. Also from the Animal Crossing character.

For Fuecoco I relied it on its apple-like appearance.

Almila: "Red apple" in Turkish.
    Pippin: A type of apples, also from pepper.
    Nabi: "Beautiful apple three" in japanese.
    Coco: A simple diminutive of its name.

Finally, for Quaxly I only can think of Donald, for obvious reasons.​

Years
    • Seen today
    It depends on my mood at the time of nicknaming. Sometimes it'll be a serious nickname, other times I'll just name my pokemon after food. Like "Waffles" or "Yogurt".

My last starter I used was named "The Dude" and ended up in a box.

Back