• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Editing] N's Journeys: A New Region? N in San Francisco

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    header image here - placed the images under spoilers because they're huge

By the order of Lord Ghetsis we procured texts written by our lord N. What Lord Ghetsis is currently planning does not involve Lord N. He has no further use for him, and yet he still wants to keep tabs on his whereabouts. There is no way to know what Lord Ghetsis is truly thinking, but that does not matter. These are the texts we procured.

August 18
    Today I departed from the region not much south from Unova. I'm still not sure what I'm trying to find or what I will find, but this is what I have decided to do.

After a long ride on my partner,
    N's Journeys: A New Region? N in San Francisco
    , I arrived at the new region. Along the way, I got to see the land below from high above. Mountains are so fascinating; they appear as though they are mathematically carved out from the ground. And clouds... remind me of Unova.
    Spoiler:

This region is called
    , and it is much cooler than I had anticipated. Still, I wasted no time in looking around. The first unique thing about this region I noticed was not about the Pokémon, but the routes. Some routes in particular don't make much mathematical or logical sense. They were so steep it was difficult both climb and descend. There was no way to be perpendicular to the ground but it was a challenge remaining perpendicular to the earth's core. I do not envy the locals.
    Spoiler:

Some of the routes were not only incredibly steep, but also twisted and turned. While it was definitely something I wasn't used to, it was very fascinating in its appearance.
    Spoiler:

After the long trek, I stopped at a local café for a drink. It was a little too cold for iced coffee, but I still ordered one. I'm not sure why. Regardless, there were other Trainers there, one of whom had a Sylveon. I spoke with the Sylveon rather briefly: it said it enjoyed going out for treats with its Trainer. It made me happy to hear that... It reminded me of that Trainer and the love their Pokémon had for them...
    Spoiler:

As I continued exploring, I found that in this region Pidove seem to enjoy gathering in large numbers. Very large numbers.
    Spoiler:

There were so many that their thoughts became all jumbled together--I couldn't make sense of them! All I could gather was a general feeling of something like... happiness, as if they were enjoying themselves.

I did a lot of walking for today, so I shall get some rest now. But I heard whispers of some sort of Pokémon League tournament being held. I must check on it tomorrow.

August 19
    Spoiler:

Despite once holding the title of Champion in Unova, I was not allowed entry into the League of this region, even to spectate. If I was still associated with Team Plasma, I would ask to have a castle built around the league... But that's in the past now.

I was told I could still visit their local Pokémon Center. I wondered if that meant that Pokémon Centers were perhaps not free in this region, but it turns out they are not like Unova Pokémon Centers at all.
    Spoiler:

In this region's Pokémon Centers... they sell Pokémon. I was absolutely taken aback by what I saw! Trainers everywhere, picking up Pokémon and purchasing them like it was nothing! And the Pokémon... the Pokémon seemed just fine with it!
    Spoiler:

I had to quickly take my leave, before I lost control of myself, but before I left, something... extremely bizarre caught my eye.
    Spoiler:

I could not fully comprehend what happened at that... "Pokémon Center." While my heart breaks thinking about all those poor Pokémon being sold like mere merchandise, I think it's for the best if I just forget about it...

But as I was leaving, I heard some Trainers talking about something rather interesting about this region's Pokémon League. Apparently, in addition to Pokémon battles, they use things they call "trading cards." They seem to be small paper cards with Pokémon drawn onto them, which are used to mimic "battles." I hope I can one day come into possession of some of these "trading cards," because they sound wonderful! A world where Trainers don't need to force Pokémon to battle each other-- No, that was my old way of thinking. But how do I think now...?

My next stop was a small location seemingly dedicated to the creation and consumption of chocolate.
    Spoiler:

Despite the outside chill, I went ahead and ordered an ice cream here.
    Spoiler:

I never got to have many treats growing up, especially none this extravagant. I can't explain why using numbers, but I did enjoy this ice cream.

It was a very... interesting day, to say the least. I look forward to discovering more of the region tomorrow.

August 20
    Today, I first went to Japantown.
    Spoiler:

It was fun to look around the shops and eat here. It all reminds me of another region I've been to... I spent a lot of time in the book shop; most of their books were in a different language, but they all seemed so wonderful and fascinating.

After enjoying my time in Japantown, I went to the Golden Gate Bridge. And it was astounding!
    Spoiler:

Such an impressive display of mathematical formulae brought to life! It was absolutely sensational!
    Spoiler:

While I was incredibly delighted to be experiencing the mathematical genius of this bridge first-hand, I was also feeling... sentimental, as it reminded me greatly of the bridges back home...

Spoiler:

Just as I was thinking this, I was fortunate enough to come across a Zorua! It was also very excited to see the bridge. I was quite shocked, however, at how large this Zorua was in comparison to me. I wonder why the Zorua of this region have developed in this way? It's certainly fascinating.

The Zorua decided to accompany me for a bit. I was happy to have extra company, because I would next be heading to the piers.
    Spoiler:

Something about them reminds me of the docks of Castelia. Perhaps it was all the Samurott that rested here? They were enjoying lounging around.
    Spoiler:

I also came across this fascinating crab statue. Something about it reminds me strangely of a Pokémon. But not a Pokémon native to Unova... No, perhaps one native to a more tropical region? I would like to meet one on my travels someday.
    Spoiler:

From the pier, I could get a closer glimpse at this island:
    Spoiler:

It apparently housed criminals in the past. Something about this made me feel--unpleasant. Considering the things my father did, would he qualify as...

No, never mind.

The emotions I felt then, and the emotions I feel now as I write this and reflect back--I don't like them.

But the pier--yes, the pier had a lovely carousel!
    Spoiler:

I was greatly reminded of Nimbasa City! It's amazing how places that are so far away can feel so similar.

Before leaving, the Zorua gave me a gift.
    Spoiler:

It's one of those "trading cards!" I wonder why this one has me and Zorua on it... But enough of that. This card makes me... happy. I like it.

August 21
    Today is my last day here in
    . I decided to go to the Japanese Tea Garden.
    Spoiler:

It was beautiful. It was incredibly serene, and it felt like a place straight out of Johto. I would like to visit there someday.
    Spoiler:

There were also plenty of Magikarp here. They come in a wide variety of colors here compared to back in Unova and other regions.
    Spoiler:

One even jumped high into the air--I could tell it was practicing in preparation to evolve. I know it will do fine.

I did what most people call "saving the best for last." I rode in a cable car down the steep routes. It was rather exhilarating! There are clearly a lot of formulae involved in the process, but somehow... it was not as wonderful as riding a Ferris wheel.

But I am happy to have done it. My entire journey around the region, although short, was... worthwhile. I got to meet Pokémon who live in the wild, Pokémon who live alongside their Trainers, and I got to hear their thoughts. I still can't say for sure if that Trainer was right... that people and Pokémon coexisting is correct. But I think I can start coming to my own conclusions now. Or maybe it's still too early for me to start?

I look forward to going wherever
    takes me next.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I enjoyed this read - was fun and I think you gave N the figurine a good narration voice.

I'll have to investigate how to best present the 'too smudged to read' bits in the article itself.

An excerpt is needed - any ideas for that? (Something that gives away the 'it's a figurine' or something that just hints towards it?) Some possibilities there.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I enjoyed this read - was fun and I think you gave N the figurine a good narration voice.
    Thank you!

I'll have to investigate how to best present the 'too smudged to read' bits in the article itself.
    I don't know if an image that looks like smudged text would work? Like we put the image where the word would be?

An excerpt is needed - any ideas for that? (Something that gives away the 'it's a figurine' or something that just hints towards it?) Some possibilities there.
    Maybe something simple like "Read about N's journey in an all-new region by the bay" ? It doesn't really tell that he's a figurine but it kind of hints at the "region."

Back