• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Obtaining Used Items in Red/Blue Virtual Console Again

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    Hi all. I have been playing Pokémon Blue on 3DS Virtual Console. I had planned on using MissingNo to duplicate single use items like TMs, but I accidentally used TM13 Ice Beam, thinking it was available more than once from the Celadon Department Store. I have already saved the game unfortunately. Is there any way to get it back? I don't mind using glitches to do this. I might also be willing to attempt arbitrary code execution (ACE) but I am completely unfamiliar with it and I would ideally avoid it unless I can follow a specific step-by-step tutorial. I don't want to delete my save file either.

I am frustrated at myself for using up such a useful, consumable item. 😭😵

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Hi all. I have been playing Pokémon Blue on 3DS Virtual Console. I had planned on using MissingNo to duplicate single use items like TMs, but I accidentally used TM13 Ice Beam, thinking it was available more than once from the Celadon Department Store. I have already saved the game unfortunately. Is there any way to get it back? I don't mind using glitches to do this. I might also be willing to attempt arbitrary code execution (ACE) but I am completely unfamiliar with it and I would ideally avoid it unless I can follow a specific step-by-step tutorial. I don't want to delete my save file either.

I am frustrated at myself for using up such a useful, consumable item. 😭😵

8F arbitrary code execution involves glitching "X Special" item in your bag as well as obtaining specific Pokemon (Kangaskhan, level 100 Pidgey with 233 HP, etc). ACE offers endless possibilities: generating Pokemon, making them shiny when transferred to Gen II or Sun/Moon, instantly entering the Hall of Fame, walking through walls, getting any item, changing your trainer name/ID, warping to specific places, etc.

Here is a guide for beginners and another guide highlighting some of its uses. At the 16 minute mark of the second video, this Youtuber appears to be changing the second item in their bag to any item.

Back