• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Online trading

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Is it still possible to trade with other players in older games (gen 4-5). If it is possible, how?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Official WiFi servers for the DS were shut down years ago, but it's supposedly still possible to trade with people in Gens 4 and 5. I don't really know how it works myself, but there is this 2.5 year old thread on here that says some stuff about it.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • Ah that takes me back. There are, or at least used to be, a bunch of tutorials on how to set up your DNS for mystery gift on black and white (And B2W2). The thing is, I couldn't do it on platinum because I didn't have a WEP router.

EDIT: So I found a thing where you set up a hotspot on linux, I'll see if it works and then write a tutorial if it does!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I did it! I got mystery gifts in white and heartgold. Heartgold is a bit trickier but connecting to a mobile hotspot seems to work.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • I did it! I got mystery gifts in white and heartgold. Heartgold is a bit trickier but connecting to a mobile hotspot seems to work.

Ooh yeah, I forgot about mobile hotspot, because I don't actually have a phone service XD

Very nice!

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2022
    Essentially, a ghost image is a smaller version of the original photo image on an old ironsides fake id and is generally printed semi-translucent. These ghost images are made possible by using a software that will allow for the ghost image to be added to the plastic card during the printing process.

Back