• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Entertainment Section: PC Film Club!

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    Hey guys! We actually have an event going on in General Entertainment, so, you know, That's A Thing.

Love movies? Or just want to watch something with members of the community? Maybe even see some Complete and Utter Garbage?
    Charlie Brown and I finally got a Film Club going after I brought up the initial idea like five months ago, but no matter! It's Done Now. We'll be using our cytu.be page to watch the movie and discuss at the same time, so everyone can get involved. We're starting the first weekly movie on Friday at 10:00 AM GMT+10, or whatever time/day that is for you. Math is for geeks so be sure to use the timezone converter in the opening post.

Be sure to drop by and suggest a movie! Josh & I will choose one at random so make sure to put your suggestion in the ring. If you can't make it this time around then we'll look at switching up times so that more people can make it. See you there!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    → next playing: 'Mommie Dearest'.

I've done the RNG for this week and we'll be watching 'Mommie Dearest' (1981), submitted by Harley Quinn. Described as a cult classic, it's sure to be a great film to kick off the Film Club.

See you in a couple hours on Friday 15th April, 10:00am GMT+10 on Livestream!

"When her adoptive mother Joan Crawford died in 1977, erstwhile actress/author Christina Crawford and her brother Christopher were left out of Joan Crawford's will, "for reasons which are well known to them." Industryites have suggested that it may have been this posthumous act of rejection rather than an alleged lifetime of parental abuse that inspired Christina Crawford to pen her scathing autobiography Mommie Dearest. The 1981 film version of this tome was evidently meant to be taken seriously, but the operatic direction by Frank Perry and the over-the-top portrayal of Joan Crawford by Faye Dunaway (whose makeup is remarkable) has always seemed to inspire loud laughter whenever and where-ever the film is shown."

NOTE: Due to technical difficulties with cytu.be, the stream will be happening on Livestream (https://original.livestream.com/pcfilmclub)! See you all in just under three hours!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    No fancy CSS because I'm on my phone BUT just a reminder that I'll be showing 'Mommie Dearest' again today (since audio didn't work last week) at 10am GMT+10 (in 2 hours). The stream will be happening at our cytu.be page that I've got working again - https://cytu.be/r/pokecommunity

edit: OK JOKES uni internet blocks cytu.be, rip =___=

Last edited:
    Back