• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Pichu is actually Pikachu but depressed!? (NSFW)

Do you agree

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • You need help Pichuzilla!

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    Before I write my theory, I must warn this will be the most depressing(no pun intended at first) fan theory you will ever read in your entire life.

Okay now onto the theory:

I believe Pichu is actually Pikachu stuck in a depression.

Why do I believe this?
    I know Pichu is depressed because we all know when we take out two letters out of our name, we are not comfortable with ourselves. Plus Pichu doesn't mature into a Pikachu until his happiness level is above a certain point. Plus plus he is suicidal in Melee. Plus plus and more plus, Remember Pokemon Channel with the Pichu Bros.? Yeah the Pichu Bros. were homeless and even more depressed. In conclusion, I am 15% sure Pichu is actually a Pikachu but in a depressed immature mood. I don't blame them, especially since they were never brought back in Smash Bros again. Also they were plagiarized to death by Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, and that dang Pichu/Raichu rip-off in X&Y, so they end up feeling worthless.

But hey, that's just a theory. A Game Theory! Da-da-dada-da....

End of theory

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
    Years
    Spoiler:

Fun aside, I think it's preeetty unprobable.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    Spoiler:

Fun aside, I think it's preeetty unprobable.

You're right. I still think there's some tiny fraction of logic to my theory, but maybe Pichu is feeling unloved, not depressed. Who knows? I've made worse theories. I once had a theory that Pokemon are monsters, but that was debunked yeaaaarrrss ago..

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    Sounds legit. ^_^

inb4 game theorists make a video on your theory

Nah like i said that theory was debunked years ago. Apparently Pokemon are Pocket Monsters.
    Monsters are different from Pocket Monsters.
    I do have a theory that Smash Bros is a fighting game but I need more substantial evidence to back that up. I think that because when you press buttons, it punches and kicks and you use that to damage your enemies. You usually see that in fighting games, but there has been other games that possess the same mechanics and control schemes, so I have to be careful about that.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    You need help Pichuzilla!

(And something that cute can't be depressed)

I know, I know. Cute things usually can't be depressed due to high self-esteem, which I lack. I do need help which 60% of the voters agree. Count in the 20% who don't agree and that's 80% of the voters who didn't agree with this theory. To be honest, I only posted this to see how you guys would respond. By the time I wrote this thread, I already debunked my own theory.

Pichu seems like a pretty happy Pokemon to me! :<

In regards to its Smash Bros. attacks, I'm pretty sure it's said or explained somewhere that its inexperience with storing electricity causes some damage to itself when it attacks its opponents.

So a depressed Pikachu would just... be a regular Pikachu, just sadder. u__u

Isn't there a Pikachu wannabe in Sun & Moon? My buddy told me there is.

Back