• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Piplup, Mudkip or Totodile?

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
    Years
    I'm not going to lie, I have only ever used Totodile twice in my Gen 2 gaming.

My vote goes to Mudkip because Gen 3 4 lyfe :P
    I don't have a lot of Gen 4 Experience either

Years
    Piplup was a disappointment to me. As well as Empoleon.

I never really liked Totodile, although it is pretty intimidating.

I adore Mudkip and Swampert! They are just so cute, and I fell in love with that generation!

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2019
    Mudkip is my answer, since I always like grd/wtr type because it can beat electric type easier than the other two imo.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's got to be Mudkip for me, for sure. It's a Hoenn starter, so I'm a little biased on that (considering that it's one of my all-time favorite regions and whatnot), and it also evolves into Swampert in its final stage--a Pokémon that I absolutely love. It might look a little funky design-wise, which I'm personally not to bothered by, but competitively, it's simply great. It's a wall, and could stall your opponents indefinitely.

My second choice is Piplup. I'm personally not too fond of its evolution, but Piplup itself is amazingly adorable. If Pokémon had existed in real life, I would definitely consider having it as a pet.

Years
    Based SOLEY on their designs, not their evolutions, I prefer Mudkip.

Mudkip > Totodile> Piplup

Mudkip is just too cute. I mean look at this
    Piplup, Mudkip or Totodile?

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    [color=ff0ff]Mudkip,mudkip!! He is really cute when he the first time i got him. And then he become so tough when he envolve into Swampert. And plus he is a dual type..that make him survive from water..[/color]

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
    Totodile is one of my least favorite starters.
    I'm going with Mudkip by a narrow margin
    It's so adorable!
    Funny, I like Dewott a lot more than Marshtomp, but I like Swampert more than Empoleon

Years
    Of these three, I do love both the Piplup and Mudkip lines but my fave of these is pretty well Mudkip. It was my first ever starter, back when I played Ruby and I plan to use it again when OR/AS come out so I can relive the old days of that playthrough.

I pretty much do like the Water starters in general, given it is my fave type.

Back