• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Merchandise] Pokéball Replica from TPCi and The Wand Company

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen today
    TPCi and The Wand Company teamed up to make a real life Pokéball with alternate versions like the Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Premier Ball, and Luxury Ball as well as a limited edition Master Ball. (Only 10,000 of these Master Balls were made.) They look really nice, but they don't have a hatch to open them up, which is a turn off to some. (I think this would've made them too expensive, which is also likely the explanation for why the balls don't shake.) I don't quite know how recent this is, but I couldn't find a thread for it here.

The balls are actually completely spherical, so you have to use a ring to display them on a flat surface without them rolling off. It always bothered me the way cheaper replicas I've seen (official or bootleg) have a flat base. "No, yankee! They're supposed to be balls! Haven't you even talked to a Pokemon nerd before?!" [/In Jest] No, but for real, I'm glad they made them this way for the price. (More on that later.) Also, they light up when you reach for them, and they light up fully when touched. They can blink green for a successful catch or red for a failed catch. (Do not throw one at a beaver outside. That's not a Bidoof, and you'll damage the merchandise.)

Also, let's get the obvious jokes out of the way. There should only be one Master Ball. I should be able to get a Premier Ball for free with 10 Pokéballs. Yep, the bare essentials have been met.

Personally, I really want the Premier Ball. It's sold out on the official website, but you can buy them at other places like Amazon dot com. I find this weird because the official site gave a limit of 2 per customer to deter scalpers. (I'm not sure if this "2 per customer" stacks per model. Can one buy 2 Pokeballs, 2 Great Balls, and 2 Ultra Balls?)

In any case, these replicas are very expensive. They're about $100 USD (technically a penny cheaper) just to have the privilege of displaying one of them in your house. I really hope I get lucky and see some of these on sale on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but I have my doubts. (It's probably a long shot, but a guy can dream.) I'm shocked one of the reviews suggested collecting every model. That's probably over $1,000. For real, you could almost afford a legit copy of Pokémon Emerald from Ebay for just $100 USD.

I totally still want one though. I wish they'd left out the light, so they'd be just a bit less expensive, but I understand the marketing department deciding $50+ for a knickknack is a hard sell.

Has anyone bought one of these yet? If so, I'd love to hear if you're happy with yours. Do they get dirty easily from the dust in the common household? If anyone is lucky enough to have the Master Ball, did they remember to make it always display the green color for a successful catch? I'd laugh my butt off if they forgot that. Hopefully they remembered for that kind of money.

Someone email me if the Premier Ball, Ultra Ball, or common Pokeball go on sale for $50 or less, so I can buy one without applying for a bank loan. [/In Jest]

Years
  • I think I have two of these, the Heal Ball and Premier Ball:

Spoiler:

I just keep them in the display box they came with so I don't have to clean the balls themselves as they're closed most of the time =P

They're too expensive for me to really consider collecting them all tbh.

Attachments

• Pokéball Replica from TPCi and The Wand Company
      IMG_20231124_202920645.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 4
    Back