• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event PokéCommunity E&M Olympics

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
  • Congrats to everybody and thanks to Ash and Rabi for hosting the event! Participated only to Event 3 (and won it), I liked the questions of that event, most of them were easy for me but there were some challenging ones as well so it wasn't too easy.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Sorry for not posting the final answers sooner, life has been a bit all over the place for us E&M mods lately.

Thank you all for competing, you can view the answers / solutions for each event below :)

PokéCommunity E&M Olympics

Event 1- Filmograph

Olympians, your first event is up!

In this event, you will see 12 stills from various movie scenes below. Using the powers that be, all you need to do is identify the 12 films these are featured in! Answers to myself and Ash Ketchup, you will get one chance only, so make sure to rack your brains before submitting. You will have two days to submit your answers.

***The official closing time has now been set at Tue 10th Aug at 06:59 AM (UTC).***

Good luck!

Answers:

Still 1 - Alien (1979)

Still 2 - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)

Still 3 - Cats (2019)

Still 4 - Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Still 5 - The Shining (1980)

Still 6 - Zootopia (2016)

Still 7 - Ali (2001)

Still 8 - Caddyshack (1980)

Still 9 - Chariots of Fire (1981)

Still 10 - Grease (1978)

Still 11 - The Karate Kid (1984)

Still 12 - White Men Cant Jump (1992)​

Event 2- Book Beatdown

Olympians, it's time for the second test!

In this round, your goal is to complete a challenging crossword! Every answer is related to literature in some way - characters, places, titles etc. You can either write your answers, or get creative and edit them in with an image editor, either is absolutely fine!

Please send your answers to myself and Rabinov by Wed 11th Aug at 06:59 AM (UTC). We will accept your first submission only, so make sure you are happy before submitting your answers!

For users who sign up during this event, you will also have until the end of this round to hand-in your answers for the previous event!

Good luck Olympians!!!

Event 3 - Olympia

Olympians, it's time for the third contest!

This time we want you to take the 12 tests of Olympia! We have selected 12 questions that are all related to the Olympics in some way. Can you answer them all?

Please send your answers to myself and Rabinov by Fri 13th Aug at 06:59 AM (UTC). We will accept your first submission only, so make sure you are happy before submitting your answers!

For users who sign up during this event, you will also have until the end of this round to hand-in your answers for the previous two events!

Good luck Olympians!!!

● Question 1: Which country has received a ban from the 2020 Olympic Games?
    A: Russia

● Question 2: Which countries always march first and last during the parade of nations at the Olympics opening ceremony?
    A: Greece and the host country

● Question 3: The triathlon consists of three sports: running, cycling and ___?
    A: Swimming

● Question 4: Olympic Gold medals are mostly made of what metal?
    A: Silver

● Question 5: At which Olympics were the most World Records broken?
    A: London 2012

● Question 6: Which year was the first time the Winter Olympics were held in a different year to the Summer games?
    A: 1994

● Question 7: Who is the youngest gold medallist ever?
    A: Marjorie Gestring

● Question 8: To which Greek god were the ancient Olympic Games dedicated?
    A: Zeus

● Question 9: Which colour is NOT in the Olympic Rings: Blue, Red, Purple, Black?
    A: Purple

● Question 10: In what city is the headquarters of the International Olympic Committee located?
    A: Lausanne, Switzerland

● Question 11: The official languages of the Olympic Games are English, the host country's language and what other language?
    A: French

● Question 12: What does the Olympic motto "Citius, altius, fortius" mean?
    A: Faster, higher, stronger

Event 4 - TV-Boxing

Olympians, flex your TV might in our fourth round!

In this round, your goal is to unscramble the following TV shows. They will cover a range of eras, genres and franchises so make sure to keep an open mind when figuring these out!

Please send your answers to myself and Ash Ketchup by Sun 15th Aug at 06:59 AM (UTC). We will accept your first submission only, so make sure you are happy before submitting your answers!

For users who sign up during this event, you will also have until the end of this round to hand-in your answers for the previous event!

Good luck Olympians, here are you anagrams!!!

DEARLY HON (Hey Arnold)
    BERRY RENTS WITHHOLD (The Wild Thornberries)
    DEED DYED ND (Ed, Edd n Eddy)
    LADDERS PROFANITY (Fairly Odd Parents)
    CROWD HOOT (Doctor Who)
    FEARSOME THONG (Game of Thrones)
    LUNAR PASTURE (Supernatural)
    RADIANT MANHOLE (The Mandalorian)
    GRID THINKER (Knight Rider)
    HANDS CUTTER (Thundercats)
    CALMLY ABLE (Ally McBeal)
    DENTURE FIXES (Six Feet Under)

Event 5 - Genre Escapade

Olympians, this is it. The fifth and final round. Time to make it or break it in our last event!

In this round, myself and Ash have submitted our most fire mixtapes but... something's wrong. It seems like the songs have scrambled up a bit? Anyway, you need to use your music knowledge to determine what song is playing, by submitting WHO sung it and WHAT the song name is! WARNING - there will be varying levels of volume.

Please send your answers to myself and Ash Ketchup by Tues 17th Aug at 06:59 AM (UTC). We will accept your first submission only, so make sure you are happy before submitting your answers!

For users who sign up during this event, you will also have until the end of this round to hand-in your answers for the previous events!

Good luck Olympians, here are your songs!!!

Song 1

Song 2

Song 3

Song 4

Song 5

Song 6

Song 7

Song 8

Song 9

Song 10

Song 11

Song 12

Song 13

Song 14

Song 15

Song 16

Song 17

Song 18

Song 19

Song 20

Song 21

Song 22

Song 23

Song 24

Answers:

1: Avril Lavigne - I'm With You

2: Billie Eilish - Bad Guy

3: Bananarama - Venus

4: Daft Punk - Robot Rock

5: Sheryl Crow - Everyday Is A Winding Road

6: My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)

7: Iron Maiden - The Trooper

8: Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer

9: Madonna - Ray Of Light

10: The Animals - The House of the Rising Sun

11: Twenty One Pilots - Formidable

12: Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)

13: Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale

14: Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills

15: Earth Wind & Fire - September

16: Justin Timberlake - Mirrors

17: Britney Spears - Toxic

18: Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now

19: Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild

20: The Prodigy - Firestarter

21: Huey Lewis & The News - The Power of Love

22: Shakira - Whenever, Wherever

23: Charlotte Lawrence - Joke's On You

24: Ram Jam - Black Betty​