• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Pokémon ACE - Recruitment Thread!

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
Years
  • The game is being made in Essentials v 18.1.

Story:.
    Arceus have invited you for a game to play. You are to gather 8 orbs scattered across 8 different Kingdoms. Each Kingdom is based on a RPG element; Wood, Wind, Fire, Water, Metal, Light and Darkness. Each kingdom has a major plot and a minor plot, the minor plot is mostly involved with gathering the orb. The major plot points is whatever is plaguing the current kingdom you are visiting in.

Features:.
    Each kingdom is its own mini region with its own regional pokédex.
    Game is based on a tabletop campaign I ran.
    Non-Linear Progression. At least I wish for it. In the final version you'll be able to tackle whichever Kingdom you want in whatever order you want.

Discord Server:.
    https://discord.gg/YecsKct

LINK to the Game Project:.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=440572

Currently looking for:
    Mappers - I have someone that is going to make a few maps, but atm it's uncertain if he will continue throughout the whole project.
    Concept Artists/Designers - I've done most concept design myself right now, but having second opinions or someone else's view on things would be appreciated.
    Custom Tilemaps - Since this game will be a more medieval styled game, I would like to find someone willing to sprite that kind of fantasy.
    Custom Trainer Sprites(Including OWs) - My spriting knowledge is fairly limited. Right now just using cropped down images for the trainers I've already have.
    Music Composers - Atm Im using Royalty-Free/Free to use music. But it would be nice to be able to have custom music in the future!
    Proofreaders/Storywriters/Scriptwriters - I'm not the best when I want to translate my thoughts into things. Would be appreciated to have a second opinion on stuff. I'm also open for any ideas for any sidequests that could pop up in this kind of game. I will probably create sidequests for every legendary pokemon that will appear at minimum but could always use some help with some ideas.
    Trainer Moveset Editor/Planner - People to help discuss teams for important and non-important Trainers. Able to help making balanced teams or themed teams for more difficult trainers. But also able to create some or help with some random trainers that appear in your way during the player's journey. Knowing EVs is useful but not required (I just use smogon sets for evs anyway)
    Region Map Creator - I have pictures of the region maps for most of the regions, but they are not compatible with Essentials nor looking true to how the ingame world will look like in the future.

Screenshots:.
    Spoiler:

I have barely anything to show for my current project and I would really enjoy some assistance. I released the Alpha yesterday to perhaps get some kind of feedback from people.

Current Team:.
    Phye - Doing pretty much whatever I can.
    KingScrubby - Discord Server Admin
    Zigzapix - Mapper
    (MatthewP90 - Mapper)

Last edited:
    Back