• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Horizons - Emerald Difficulty Hack [Complete, v1.09 ft. New Rocket Storyline, Boss Gauntlet, Gen 1-8, Side Quests, and QoL features]

Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen today
I'm doing my first playthough of this and am loving it. I am wondering if there's a way to get the move Drain Punch cause I assumed its not in the game not seeing it on learnsets or TM list but then I ran into a breloom with the move in a double battle Mt. Pyre and want to get it on my own breloom :)
I probably need to add it as a TM at some point. If it doesn't come in a TM, I'll readjust movesets accordingly. Glad to hear you're enjoying it and can't wait to see your completed team!
how do i use different kind of ball?
If you're talking about with the R Button, it's based off the ball you most recently used in your inventory.
Some other QoL changes I'd like to suggest:

Access to fly without flying pokemon in squad - if you can call on Pokemon that aren't on your team, to surf etc than it makes sense. Also fly to anywhere.

More PC locations.

Scrap the level grinder and have rare candy access.

Egg move tutor. That should be behind the paywall that the level grinder is. A lot of Pokemon that should have access to moves like Knock Off, Volt Switch, don't seem to get them from the change moves menu.

Less legendaries on teams. I get it, high level trainers should have these special pokemon but even with specific strategies they are ridiculously OP. This is someone who has beaten the game.

Quests for access to missing legendays and mythical pokemon, at least the ones up to gen 3.
Will consider! I'm interested in having Fly be part of the pager. Legendary quests are coming, I've just been so slow to roll out everything lately.
does battle frontier have full upgrade mons from all gen?
Not yet; that'll be a milestone for hopefully either 1.08 or 1.09.

I've published 1.07's patch, but won't be updating the title and main post yet. I've tested it fairly extensively, but because of how much stuff changes, I'm not fully committed to having it as the official version. You can play either 1.06e or 1.07; both are complete experiences. 1.07 cleans up some bugs and adds a new challenge mode to the Elite Four. Once 1.07 is in a good spot, I think I can continue prioritizing Battle Facilities and legendaries. Stay tuned :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Anyone understand how the switch AI works? I feel like it just cheats because I'm only at Slateport, yet there's been so many times when I've tried to pivot or occasionally hard switch, yet it seems like I'm always just switching into the most optimal coverage attack regardless. I haven't played a romhack in awhile, but I've watched a ton of runs from things like Radical Red and Inclement Emerald and I figured the AI would just be similar to those.

Days
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Hi, first of all, great game one of the hardest i have played until now, really enjoying it.
I wanted to know how to get Obstagoon, in the evolution file provided here just says to level up past 35 at night, i check the watch and it was PM, raised a level and nothing happened, am i missing something? I just like the pokemon and wanted to have 1.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-15-01-11-18-69_39aaa7e59d14739105ee57d9f36fb297~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-15-01-11-18-69_39aaa7e59d14739105ee57d9f36fb297~2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1
Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen today
Hi, first of all, great game one of the hardest i have played until now, really enjoying it.
I wanted to know how to get Obstagoon, in the evolution file provided here just says to level up past 35 at night, i check the watch and it was PM, raised a level and nothing happened, am i missing something? I just like the pokemon and wanted to have 1.
Hey, two options here. You can either evolve Linoone or catch a wild Obstagoon. Evolution time are weird in Gen 3; 12AM to 11:59AM is night and 12PM to 11:59PM is considered day. Let me know if you have any other questions :) can't wait to hear more about your playthrough!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Well, almost a really good game, up until the league it's amongst my favorites, the boss battles where really good... But that league... Man the legendary spam was anything but fun...

Spoiler: Wallace team

Anyways, enough complain, the rest of the game is fantastic, the QoL and quests where very well made, can't really complain about anything else

Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
If you're talking about with the R Button, it's based off the ball you most recently used in your inventory.
yes i know, but there is no way to change that inside boss battles current workaround for me is to use a ball before any boss battle and go into a boss battle

Days
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Is Parting shot Grimmsnarl not possible in this game? I thought it would be an egg move

Days
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
This is the first hard Pokemon Rom Hack that I've ever played before, I've never touched Kaizo or Radical Red. Played quite a bit of Emerald Rogue. Finally managed to beat the game after 47hrs ingame (24ish hrs IRL) :D Here's my hall of fame, went in blind without changing a single mon:

Spoiler: FatTofu's Team

That's Togekiss added to the HOF First Timers!

Had to reset quite a bit for Sidney, Glacia, and Wallace. Phoebe and Drake were okay.

Also somehow Rayquaza almost wiped Glacia: Airlock + Snow Warning might be broken because it kept saying Hail is dropping, but my quaza takes no hail damage, and Ninetales-A just spams Aurora Veil failing 4x, letting that green lizard set up 4x DD. Died like a champ in the end from all that Life Orb damage + Mega Glalie's Ice Shard.

Also special shout out to Azumarill and drizzle Pelipper who carried most of my playthrough!

Time to finish whatever's left for me to do!

Thank you BrandonXL and team for this amazing hack! Looking forward to future projects if any :)

edit: I've just realized I'm still playing on v1.05, any reason to update patch and is the save compatible?

Attachments

• Horizons v1.0.5_002.png
    Horizons v1.0.5_002.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Horizons v1.0.5_003.png
    Horizons v1.0.5_003.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen today
Is Parting shot Grimmsnarl not possible in this game? I thought it would be an egg move
It's an oversight on my part; I'll amend the learnset in a future update. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
This is the first hard Pokemon Rom Hack that I've ever played before, I've never touched Kaizo or Radical Red. Played quite a bit of Emerald Rogue. Finally managed to beat the game after 47hrs ingame (24ish hrs IRL) :D Here's my hall of fame, went in blind without changing a single mon:

Spoiler: FatTofu's Team

That's Togekiss added to the HOF First Timers!

Had to reset quite a bit for Sidney, Glacia, and Wallace. Phoebe and Drake were okay.

Also somehow Rayquaza almost wiped Glacia: Airlock + Snow Warning might be broken because it kept saying Hail is dropping, but my quaza takes no hail damage, and Ninetales-A just spams Aurora Veil failing 4x, letting that green lizard set up 4x DD. Died like a champ in the end from all that Life Orb damage + Mega Glalie's Ice Shard.

Also special shout out to Azumarill and drizzle Pelipper who carried most of my playthrough!

Time to finish whatever's left for me to do!

Thank you BrandonXL and team for this amazing hack! Looking forward to future projects if any :)

edit: I've just realized I'm still playing on v1.05, any reason to update patch and is the save compatible?
First off, thank you so much for taking the time to play the game through and provide a detailed write-up. It's always so gratifying seeing these :)
I'm partially curious about the False Swipe tech late game, I'm sure there's a reason haha. I'm also surprised about the fact that this is the first Togekiss entry AND not the first Electrode-H entry.

As for v1.05, you're fine on the current patch. I think you could update (can certainly try by cloning your game and save to be safe), as it does fix some bugs, but you wouldn't be missing out on too much content wise. The only significant addition is a Challenge Mode to make the E4 a little harder, so if that's something you're interested in, you could try updating a backup. Again, thanks so much for playing and let me know if you're able to conquer the boss gauntlet haha
Cant find the download :/ ( sry noob here)
On the main post, it's under the Documentation and Patch section!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
How do you find the hidden pokemon? I assumed it is moving through the grass slowly but nothing happens.

Days
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I searched through google and i cant find to download v1.07. I found out the 08 patch but it doesnt work on 1.05 that the sites are providing

Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen today
How do you find the hidden pokemon? I assumed it is moving through the grass slowly but nothing happens.
Hi, there aren't any hidden mons currently, so you aren't missing anything! The "X" means that slot isn't occupied.
I searched through google and i cant find to download v1.07. I found out the 08 patch but it doesnt work on 1.05 that the sites are providing
The patch needs to be applied to a clean Emerald Trashman rom.

Days
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hey brandon are there any cheats for rarecandies etc? cause the game is kinda hard and for specific battles you need certain pokemon and dont feel like leveling all the time

Days
  • Age 26
  • Seen today
Hey brandon are there any cheats for rarecandies etc? cause the game is kinda hard and for specific battles you need certain pokemon and dont feel like leveling all the time
View attachment 157293also the game crashed in the sotopolis market
Hi, there aren't any cheats that currently work for the game. Regarding the crash, did you try to use cheats or anything? That would cause the game to bug out, including what you might be experiencing.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen yesterday
This may or not be handy for anyone to know but I will mention it either way. Brandon, if you have any problem with this please just remove it.

I used PkHex to get items. But this is the only thing that can be hacked and even then it is rather limited and very tedious.

As all the item codes are different to the original game you can't simply give yourself all items. The only way I found that worked is to give yourself a load of random items on Pkhex, load the game up and send what you want to your PC storage. Do this over and over until you get a PC full of useful items. You will get some errors when loading back into PkHex but nothing disappears from the PC. It will all be there to withdraw when you're done.

Nothing else can be edited or hacked. You cant get TM/HM, cant get berries, cant get key items, you can't generate mons or change anything about them without corrupting the save file.

Edit: Cash can also be hacked which is very handy to buy TM and evolution stones from Slateburg market.

Attachments

• 20240405_224125.jpg
    20240405_224125.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240405_224118.jpg
    20240405_224118.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back