• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gold tool - Megamap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    Question can you make special version with beta maps please? I need them for my rom hack. Restoring them manually is dumb. Also I was wondering if you could make the warps and wild pokemon data editable so I could change them and stuff. Oh and sorry for reviving this old topic but I was desperate.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Question can you make special version with beta maps please? I need them for my rom hack. Restoring them manually is dumb. Also I was wondering if you could make the warps and wild pokemon data editable so I could change them and stuff. Oh and sorry for reviving this old topic but I was desperate.
    Megamap edits maps based on header data. The beta maps (except for Safari Zone) don't have headers.

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure they don't have access to the source code.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    Thanks IIIMarckus. I figured this out on my own eventually. Now I can edit the offsets in Goldmap 1.6 (The most ultimate version so far) because of the wiki at datacrystal.org. Goldmap isn't so horrible after all. I actually think Goldmap is more user friendly than Megamap. I've gotten really good with it now. Megamap has its charms such as the next/ previous route/city highlighter. Megamap is useful for that kind of stuff. I like to create .map files of the beta maps of existing cities and import them onto the city that currently exists in the final. I have to clean them up for import first of course but the overall satisfaction of seeing it in the final version motivates, excites, and fuels me. Megamap is a good tool but only if you can understand it. Goldmap has (like I said before) a more user friendly approach.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I can't get it to run it keeps on saying: System Error &H80070583 (-2147023485). Class does not exist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back