• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Days
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    I'm wondering where i could get the ticket to the battle frontier? i beat the league already and didnt get it.

edit: figured it out

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I know it's not much but I'll pay a $100 bounty if someone can get this romhack to work on Eclipse web emulator so I can play on my iPhone. It works just fine on mgba but I don't wanna play sitting at a computer... I have an old pixel 2XL as well but can't find an emulator to run it on Android either. After reading much of this thread I want to play this romhack badly enough I'm willing to carry around a second android phone just to play the game— but not willing to sit at a computer...
    I use SkyEmu to play this on my iPhone. Can confirm it doesn't work on eclipse for me too.

Timz0r

I lick rocks for science.
    Days
    • Online now
    It was a fun playthrough. Still not sure I would agree with certain decisions like type changes or certain moves given to certain Pokémon while they even can't learn them in the vanilla games at all in any generation. Also not really sure about the the restriction with only 3 Wonder Trades daily or several other things. Oh well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Only pokemon I use in battle are gaining exp? Doesn't this game have the exp all system from later games? Am I missing something?

Days
    • Seen Feb 28, 2024
    Caught a shiny Rayquaza but the follower sprite is green :( Also, it would be nice to be able to do more than 3 wonder trades a day, but I think I can get around it alright with the debug mode and manipulating the RTC.
    Loving this hack so far, cheers for the great work.

Days
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Any possibility you'll add a decapitalization feature? I know it's a small thing that most people don't care about. But for the minority of people like me who're bothered by all the irrelevant capitalization and often give Pokemon decapitalized names, it'd be nice :)
    Hahahaha just appreciate a good rom hack Jesus christ decapitalization feature

Days
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

🔍WHAT IS THIS HACK? (Updated to 1.4)

To put it simply, "Pokémon Modern Emerald" is a modernization of the original "Pokémon Emerald" game. This game offers all the QOL features and improvements that I've wanted since I got my hands on the original game in 2005. Think of this as a 2.0 update for the original game. This game is not a "difficulty hack-rom", and never will be. If you want a super difficult version of Pokémon Emerald there are already a lot of good hack-roms available. The idea behind this game is to play it instead of the original "Pokémon Emerald", especially for those who want a vanilla experience with more features: simple difficulty modes, move splits, QOL features, new Pokémon, new areas, new rematches, and a large etc.

This hack is a "3rd generation hack", meaning that it doesn't try to mimic later generations and, although certain features and improvements from later generations are included, this hack is a 3rd generation game at its core. Don't expect all the new moves from later generations, or being able to catch 900 different Pokémon. This hack does not include the "Battle Engine Upgrade" or anything similar, but it does include certain mechanics from it (like the OPTIONAL Physical / Special split that happened in Gen. IV, or the Fairy Type).

There's a total of 423 Pokémon, including 2 from Generation 8 and 3 from Generation 9. There are two modes that can be selected from the Challenges screen at the start of the game. If you don't touch anything, spawns will be just like the original Emerald without the version exclusives. If you enable "Modern Spawns", all 423 will be obtainable. The game also includes Day/Night spawns for both modes (although without Modern Spawns the change is minimal and it's mostly a rate change for certain species). There are also a ton of different options that can be selected at the start of the game to personalise your experience.

Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

There are also WONDER-TRADES, which can help you complete your national Pokédex (All Pokémon are available for Wonder-Trade except legendaries, and you are limited to 3 Wonder-Trades every day). It's on the second floor of the Pokémon Center, and can be used after the fifth gym.

The code is available on Github, and you can report bugs over there or in this thread. The game works on any good emulator (tested on: mGBA on PC / Switch) and on real hardware (tested on: EZ Flash Omega (BUT YOU HAVE TO SELECT FLASH TYPE 128KB MANUALLY), Everdrive Mini). Some emulators can cause crashes (OpenEMU, MyBoy, VBA) probably because they are too old or they are missing features other good emulators have.

This is my "dream emerald" version, let's say, but now even better!

✨FEATURES
    There are a lot of things!

Spoiler:

You can have a look at more changes under the hood in this document. It's my personal document, so it might be a bit messy.

🕶️EXTRA INFORMATION (SPOILERS)

Evolution changes and improvements:

Spoiler:

New wild Pokémon available for every mode (Alternate Spawns and Default spawns):
    Spoiler:

New static encounters:
    Spoiler:

📸SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler:

🔧FAQ

Spoiler:

🐛KNOWN BUGS

PLEASE DON'T REPORT BUGS IF YOU ARE NOT USING MGBA EMULATOR OR REAL HARDWARE. Decompilation hack-roms may crash or have strange bugs if you are using other emulators. To report a bug first use mGBA or real hardware, then DM me or comment here.
    • When not using Modern Spawns, certain Pokémon (especially from Gen 2) will show that they are available in a location they are not. Remember that if you are not playing with Modern Spawns set to on, wild encounters are (99.9%) from Emerald.
    • Type effectiveness randomization is currently disabled as it doesn't work properly.
    Help me solve these bugs!

📒CHANGELOG

Spoiler:

🆙INSTALLATION AND DOWNLOADS

Download the attachment
    You need the ROM: Pokemon - Emerald Version (USA, Europe). sha1: f3ae088181bf583e55daf962a92bb46f4f1d07b7
    Patch using flips.

You can check all the game code in my Github. My code can be messy and probably bad, especially the names of my commits. Sorry in advance.

🎞️CREDITS

I think it's easier to say that all my edits came from Pret's pokeemerald wiki. If you want to appear in this section, just message me and I will edit the post.

You can use this game as a base for your rom-hack, if you so desire.
    You can use any code from the Github repository, if you really want to.
    No need to credit me, just have fun.
    Can I get the other two starters in this if so how. thanks

Timz0r

I lick rocks for science.
    Days
    • Online now
    I have to inform you that one of the Kabuto from Wonder Trade do hold a ??? item. I ofcourse tossed that item away to be sure.

Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Does this rom hack fix emerald's rng? I'm wanting to rng manip so hoping it doesn't

Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    would this hack be compatible with existing save file of official emerald version, i been wanting to play post game dlc of official emerald so bad

Days
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Hi, i just found out your game recently, and it looks amazing. Do you have an official discord server?

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks for the hack, not having to deal with mega stones and z crystals is a good take of fresh air recently, thank you!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    would this hack be compatible with existing save file of official emerald version, i been wanting to play post game dlc of official emerald so bad
    That was my first idea while developing this hackrom, but it quickly grew more than I expected so new savefiles are required.

Hi, i just found out your game recently, and it looks amazing. Do you have an official discord server?
    No, not yet at least.

Years
    • Seen today
    Literally the only thing that is missing in order to be the perfect emerald rom hack is the option to make all battles double, everything else is rockpolished. I play pokemon since Blue and this is the first time that I'm using an arbok, and it's even quite fun to use! Thank you again for your hard work o7

Days
    • Seen Mar 6, 2024
    This game is literally all I've ever wanted from a Pokemon game. Thank you so much for making and sharing this. I can't wait to reach the battle frontier.

Back