• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Special Episode 0: In A Dark Past

Days
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Special Episode 0: In A Dark Past

Hello everyone! My name is Canete16, and I'm the creator of this Pokémon Mystery Dungeon which revolves around two of the most, if not THE most, memorable characters of the entire franchise: Grovyle and Dusknoir from Explorers of the Sky.

In this hack, you will discover how they ended up having such opposite ideals and objectives starting off from a context where they both were allies and even close friends. The hack will then, of course, connect with the Explorers storyline at its very end, adding up for a great backstory for this two great characters in addition to their contribution to the plot and their beloved Special Episode, which concluded their story beautifully.

Here you have some screenshots of the game (without many spoilers):

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Special Episode 0: In A Dark Past Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Special Episode 0: In A Dark Past Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Special Episode 0: In A Dark Past
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Special Episode 0: In A Dark Past Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Special Episode 0: In A Dark Past Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Special Episode 0: In A Dark Past

And a YouTube video on the first part of the hack made by PMDGang:

Thanks for checking out my post! Here you have the download link (you will need to patch it with the .xdelta patcher, it's included in the .rar file too just in case you need it):

https://mega.nz/file/ESdxzSYK#3pRNKqSsGQDvimTLYwanrjRFl2-DJijezoIATp5wlTw

Here you have my Twitter just in case you want to leave a follow and be the first one to know about the latest news on the project!

https://twitter.com/PKMM_ESPEP0

Credits:

- Additional art: Pixiv, Dragoleni, Shihao, Mitsuhiro Arita, Ryota Murayama, Naoki Saito, Saya Tsuruta

- Additional sprites: PMD Sprite Repository

- Additional music: TheZame, LaunchpadVGM, DMoll16, Honnoji

See y'all soon with the finished hack! (I hope hehe)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    I am absolutely in love with the concept you are going for. Every single time I played Explorers of sky, it always made me wonder about the backstories of Grovyle and Dusknoir. I am vey tempted to play the available demo, but part of me wants to experience this as a whole. It's nice to finally see more mystery dungeon hacks crop up!

Days
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    Hey! Thanks for your sweet words! That is, indeed, completely understandable. It makes me really happy to hear that you loved the concept anyways, and I'm sure you will get completely shocked by the amount of work and love I'm putting into the game. I hope I can finish it soon so more and more people that have a similar approach to yours on how to experience their gaming can fully enjoy it, thank you very much again for your comment, have a nice day and look forward to the next update as it will be the full game ^^

Back