• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Odyssey [Beta 3.0]

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2023
    Hi! I'm so excited to play this as Etrian Odyssey is one of my favorite series, however when I try and open the bag the game freezes on my DS. Could that just be a patch issue and I should just repatch the game and remake the .cia. Hopefully you might know how to troubleshoot this. Your rom looks amazing!

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Thank you for making English version. I'm playing it right now and enjoy running around 👍🏻😁

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Thank you for making English version. I'm playing it right now and enjoy running around 👍🏻😁
    Happy to hear that!

Hi! I'm so excited to play this as Etrian Odyssey is one of my favorite series, however when I try and open the bag the game freezes on my DS. Could that just be a patch issue and I should just repatch the game and remake the .cia. Hopefully you might know how to troubleshoot this. Your rom looks amazing!
    Unfortunately it's a BIOS related problem and I don't think I can do something about it, that's why I asked to play the game on mGBA (or other emulators with mGBA core like Retroarch).

Does it support CFRU and DPE?
    Nop, I don't need them for this kind of game tbh.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Gave this hack a shot, and while the idea is interesting, I cannot stand double battles in the slightest. I hope that in the future, we at least get an option to have single battles instead.

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Gave this hack a shot, and while the idea is interesting, I cannot stand double battles in the slightest. I hope that in the future, we at least get an option to have single battles instead.
    Sorry to say this but I can't; the game is all balanced around double battles, expecially the rival and boss battles :/ .

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Version 1.5.1: released.
    Some typos were fixed, as well as movement permissions and other small errors.
    The download link is the same as version 1.5.0

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2023
    I'm not really familiar with RomHacks too much, when the full game is released will there be a way to transfer my save data from the demo?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Hi there. Just finished the current version of the game. I'm trying to join the Discord, but the invite is no longer valid. Any chance I could get a new invite?

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Hi there. Just finished the current version of the game. I'm trying to join the Discord, but the invite is no longer valid. Any chance I could get a new invite?

Uhhh I just tested the link and it works fine :/
    Check the DMs, I sent you a new link.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Checked the dms. The link you sent me still says it's invalid when I click it. Is the invite coming from a private channel?

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If there's no gyms or anything similar and no evil team whats the point of this hack. Evil team its what makes hacks exiting without it juat don't see what's the point

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • If there's no gyms or anything similar and no evil team whats the point of this hack. Evil team its what makes hacks exiting without it juat don't see what's the point

So basically what you're saying is that there is no point in making a rom hack without an evil team.
    Uhm, right, seems fair to me. So that means that there are no evil people outside of criminal organizations.
    Interesting.
    Bro, like, you can still write a good plot without relying on something so cliché as an evil organization, hope you'll understand that.
    Your comment was truly disrespectful

Last edited:

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I didn't mean to disrespect anyone, only gave my opinion. I'm really sorry if I offended anyone

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • I didn't mean to disrespect anyone, only gave my opinion. I'm really sorry if I offended anyone

There's a huge difference between "I don't like rom hacks that differ too much from the standard games" and "This rom hack makes no sense cause there's no gym/elite 4/evil team"

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    You'll need NUPS and a clean 1636 - Pokémon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) rom. It is also recommended to use mGBA 0.9.2 or mGBA 0.10.0.

I just saw the trailer on youtube and got here from google. and some one dumb this down for me

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    I am going to give you my honest thoughts about this, I have played up until the first stratum boss. The battle backgrounds and the character headshots are very nice looking, I think the game has some interesting thoughts and ideas put into it, but I feel they could have been executed better. Some things feel "anti-fun" or just seem not thought out very well. I could go into more detail if you would like.

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • I am going to give you my honest thoughts about this, I have played up until the first stratum boss. The battle backgrounds and the character headshots are very nice looking, I think the game has some interesting thoughts and ideas put into it, but I feel they could have been executed better. Some things feel "anti-fun" or just seem not thought out very well. I could go into more detail if you would like.

Thanks for the feedback! Sure, go into the details, I'm interested as long as I can improve the experience!

Back