• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Order & Chaos

Which idea would you rather see in a Pokémon game?

• Total voters
Years
  • Hello everyone! I'm in the brainstorming process of creating a Pokémon fan game. After much thought, I have decided on the title Order & Chaos- yes, two versions. And, yes, unfortunately I have discovered that there is already a fan made Pokémon game by this name. :c However, I had already implemented aspects of the theme of order and chaos into my ideas, so I've decided not to change the name.

Anyways, I don't actually expect this to become an actual game and if I do decide later on that I would like to make my ideas a reality, I would want to go all out. I'd definitely need help since I don't know the slightest bit about making a video game. Furthermore, I wouldn't want the game to be a hack. I would want it to be created from the ground up, which i am aware is extremely hard, especially with me wanting it to be of the same quality of current official Pokémon games. This is why I do not plan on making this a reality at the moment, if ever. The whole reason I am formulating ideas is purely for fun and out of my obsession for Pokémon. I have been writing down my ideas on paper so far, about all things game related, even functions and features that don't pay a big part. Even so, like previously stated, I am only in the earliest of stages.

Actually, I've had a major set back happen recently. See, I had been working on this game for over a year, keeping all the information and my designs in a binder which i dedicated to the project. My sister got mad, found the binder, and ripped it up. All of it. In shreds. At first, I had tried piecing it all back together. It was a poor attempt, but still i kept the scraps. I felt obviously upset at the fact that my years worth of work had been destroyed, so i took a break from the project for a bit. It was too frustrating at the time, trying to redo everything I had already done, all at the same time as writing down all my new ideas. Eventually, the additional tragedy of my mom thinking it was trash and disposing of it happened.

Several months have passed since then, and I am ready to restart this project of mine. I can't say I remember everything I wrote down- it was a years worth after all. I will try my best to reassemble what is in my mind and come up with many new ideas as well. I suppose the point of me making this thread is to discuss ideas that you all would like to see in a new Pokémon game, as well as to hear feedback and critics of my own ideas. Its also a great way to have everything secure (can't be ripped up now!) and organized. Just a note to all those interested in sharing ideas, Order & Chaos is meant to be made as if it could be a real Pokémon game. And by that I mean no playing a bad guy (though that does sound fun!) or extremely dark scenes that wouldn't be suited for a kids game as Pokémon is.

Now I guess I'll share a bit about myself, the bits that relate to Pokémon at least. My love for Pokémon started at a young age, so young I don't think I'd be able to specify the exact moment I fell in love with it. I remember asking one of my classmates in school to look at his pokédex book everyday in class to learn more about it. I also remember getting in trouble when he would sing "jiiigglypuuff jiiigglypuuff" in class when the teacher thought it was me, despite my protests of innocence. Up until my 8th birthday, my love was restricted to watching the anime on TV and collecting cards. My card collection was quite impressive, but I stopped collecting years ago after I lost my favorite flareon card (years later I find out one of my sisters threw in away when she was mad at me). It was more of a last straw kind of decision, because a different one of my sisters kept stealing my cards and trading them away to her friends at school. I would also watch my older sisters play Pokémon on their DS; one had diamond, the other pearl. It was in 2009, however, that I'd say my love grew into somewhat of an obsession. It was my birthday. I had received my first ever DS, and with it, my first ever Pokémon game. Soulsilver will forever be one of my favorite Pokémon games. Since then, me and most of my siblings (five of my six siblings), have played many Pokémon games. I believe soulsilver is the only game I played all the way through, but between me and my siblings we have played green, diamond, pearl, platinum, heartgold, soulsilver, black, white, x, y, sun, moon, ranger, conquest, mystery dungeon: explorers of sky, PokéPark 2, and a few mobile games (Go Team Instinct!). So, we missed a few here and there, but I am happy to say we had the chance to play as many as we did. I am currently saving up for a Nintendo Switch (Eevee edition specifically) so I can play Lets Go: Eevee and Pokémon Sword. Unfortunately, one of my favorite Pokémon, Typhlosion (third favorite), is not in the game because of the lack of a national dex. :c Oh well, I am still very excited to play the game, even though I'm kind of late due to finances.

Moving on, I think that is enough about me. Throughout my years, I have had ideas that I wanted to see in a Pokémon game. Some of those, such as character customization, changing weather, and 3-D graphics, have become reality. But many of my ideas I have yet to see. That is why I decided to start this project of mine as a collection of my ideas and fakémon drawings that I started over a year ago. I have also drawn inspiration from fan art I see on my Pinterest. So here is a list of some of my ideas (I will add photos of my drawings later):

These are ones that have become reality!:

* 3-D Graphics. Although I wouldn't necessarily consider black & white 3-D, the characters and environment were more.. well the word escapes me at the moment, but when those games came out it gave me hope for future Pokémon games being in 3-D, and I believe they were the stepping stones of X & Y being in 3-D, as well as the games that followed.

* Weather. Unlike in the older games where areas were always raining or always sunny, I wanted to have different kinds of weather all in the same place. This was introduced in the newest games, Sword & Shield! I'm very excited to see my ideas becoming reality!

* Seasons. I believe something like this was added when the Gen 5 games came out. Much like my idea of changing weather conditions (which is now in Sword & Shield!), I wanted there to be changing seasons. And, just like with the weather, certain Pokémon can be found during certain seasons more often than in others. This concept, I feel, will be especially fun to see with Pokémon such as deerling and sawsbuck, as their appearances change with the seasons. Even though Gen 5 games introduced seasons, I think it would be interesting when combined with changing weather.

* Pokémon Variations: And I don't mean Pokémon like burmy and castform, who simply change their appearance (which is still cool). Variants were introduced in sun & moon as alolan forms. However, these alternate forms limit pokemon to one form per region. Pokémon like meowth have had an alolan form, galarian form, and even a dynamax form (which is a little different), but why not have more pokemon have more than one form in the same region? Just like vivillon and flabébé. It doesn't even have to be on the same route or cave in the region, but just more than one in the game. I saw some fanart on pinterest for crustle variants. Crustle's shell is just layers of sediment, so each variant had a different kind of rock shell. What about a vanillite? There could be different "flavors". I think there could also be some klefki variants- Oh! And cherubi! Different cherubi could resemble different kinds of berries other than just cheri berries. There is a lot that can be done with variants in my opinion. I'd definitely be excited to see more like that- and in new Pokémon too! I saw some fanart of fake alolan forms for jynx and dodrio. Jynx resembled a hula girl, while dodrio looked much like a flamingo. They were great designs and ideas! Too bad they weren't real, but if I ever do decide to turn Order & Chaos into a game, I will definitely be looking for the artist to ask permission to use their designs!

* Character Customization. Introduced in X & Y, character customization has now become a big part of the Pokémon games. And in sun & moon, and now sword & shield, the extent of character customization has increased right from the start. In X & Y, there were only three skin tones, sun & moon introduced a forth. Sword & Shield now allow you to change your eyebrows as well! I have many ideas of my own when it comes to character customization. I have designed my own hairstyles (21 for boy, 21 for girl) and plan to design many clothing options as well. I will post these once i have refined them. I think the options for freckles or beauty marks would be cool, and the ability to pick a body type, as well as height, would make the characters so much more diverse- just like characters from the anime. Eye shapes would also add to the individuality of the characters. As for clothing items, I like that the slurpuff dress/ pangoro hat in X & Y are obtained through ways other than buying them at a boutique.

* Out of Grass Encounters. I wanted something like the anime, where you see a Pokémon rather than just walk in the grass. They added it in Sword & Shield- and let me say they did this PERFECTLY. I didn't want to eliminate grass encounters, as they give a sense of surprise and mystery, as well as just being a part of the games since the games existed. But instead, they combined grass encounters with these overworld encounters. They even made it to where these overworld Pokémon can be interacted with before battle. They can show reactions to you as you run past them or whistle. Some will run away, some will chase you and attack or become interested in you. Some Pokémon are found exclusively in the overworld, some exclusively in the grass, and some in both. Love that.

Here are some things from old Pokémon games that I'd like to see return:

* National Dex. Not much to explain here. If this game becomes a reality, it will have a national and regional dex.

* Walking with your Pokémon. I know this is a big one, not only for me, but for a lot of the fan base. In soulsilver & heartgold, you could not only walk with the Pokémon in the front of your party, but you could interact with it as well! I loved talking to Pyro (my Typhlosion) and seeing all the different moods he had. The Pokémon would show different emojis depending on how they felt, sometimes they'd even find an item for you! I loved how as I progressed in the game, Pyro would start showing hearts where as at the beginning he was just curious of me. I think it would be a GREAT idea to have this feature return, an improved version. One where some interactions are species-specific, nature-specific, and type-specific. I do think there was a little bit of a type-specific thing going on because I remember when i was in that one town where it was always raining, Pyro would get upset since he was fire type. Opposite reaction when I walked there with a water type. But i don't think there were any interactions unique to a species or nature. That, i think, would be very cool. I think that when they introduced Pokémon Amie and Pokémon Camp, that was their replacement of those interactions. Don't get me wrong, it was a great idea that i think should stay, but along side walking with your Pokémon.

* Explorer kit. Introduced in Diamond & pearl (and platinum too), the explorer kit was tons of fun! You would dig underground and mine for things like stones and fossils. There were underground tunnels and when connected with a friend, you could play games. I remember my sisters setting traps for each other so that the other couldn't get to their base. Oh, and you got to decorate your secret underground base too! How cool is that? This will most likely return in what I expect to be the next released Pokémon games- the Diamond & pearl remakes! I have my own idea as somewhat of an underwater equivalent- the scuba kit! This kit will allow the player to dive into deep waters to explore the ocean floor for hidden treasures. Find pearls, shells, fossils, and even treasure chests! Explore sunken ships or underwater caves! Connect with a friend to play the secret base game. I think that while underwater, you could bring a water Pokémon which will swim with you. You could also run into Pokémon while underwater (not in caves or sunken ship), some of which can only be found while diving with the scuba kit (can't get them from fishing!). At least, I think its a good idea.

* Side Activities. These include things like the Pokélthon (soulsilver & heartgold), Contests (Diamond & Pearl), and the Pokémon Musical (black & white) for just some examples. Even things like the bug catching contest (soulsiver & heartgold)! They're fun and they give players something to enjoy while taking a break from the main story. I was thinking that for Order & Chaos there could be a Pokémon Theme park- PokéPark. The name is from the Wii game and also from the theme park that used to exist in Japan. It would not only have rides and games for the player and their Pokémon, but you could unlock new areas of the park as you progress through the main story. I was also inspired by the Wifi Plaza that used to exist in soulsilver & heartgold for those who remember it.

Here are some of my more original ideas for Pokémon games:

* New Pokémon. I am making a lot of fakémons! So far I have only five, but that is because I want each design to be quality as well as the pokémon thought out in what moves it can learn, base stats, pokédex entries, etc. Its going to be a long process as I want my designs to look like they could be a real pokémon and to not suck. I actually have to redraw them from memory since its been months since all my work was destroyed. Puffaline and Blubble should be easiest as I drew them a lot. Lunarai and Solpup may be most difficult, and Douxin might be a bit tricky as well. So far, puffaline and blubble don't evolve, and the other three are going to but I have yet to design their evolutions.

* Interactive story-line. In the newer games, sometimes you have a choice of what to say as a response to a character. But this doesn't really change much, if literally anything at all. The story is pretty much the same all the way around no matter how many times you play it. I want there to be more freedom in the character's story. Make what my character chooses to do or not do matter! What if your character gets to a fork in the road? They take the left path and they meet and battle a mysterious character that they wouldn't meet until much later if they took the right. If they take the right, have them come across an evil team (I'm still considering a name) and battle them to save the town. And if you took the left, you later hear about how the evil team had taken over a town and stole their Pokémon. If you went right, you hear about a mysterious character who has somehow left an entire town and its Pokémon in a deep slumber! I don't know, something cool though. Let my character MAKE rivals and friends! In Pokémon, your character is the hero of the story, so obviously you can't befriend certain characters, but lets say you make a friend of a team member and lead them to a better life- hear their story of what brought them down the dark path they lived and help them realize there is more to do in life, that there is good to do. Make a generally friendly character dislike you. I'm tired of having predetermined friends and even worse, crappy rivals. MAKE my rival(s) have a reason to dislike me. MAKE them mean to me not because they're a two-dimensional bad guy, but because they feel you came off as rude or disrespectful, or because you're friends with someone they never got along with. Things like this can definitely have an impact on the story and increases the replayability of the game far beyond what they have now. I also want to introduce something called fame into the games. At the end of the games, your character is always well known, whether it be because they beat all the gym leaders, the elite four, and the champion, or because they completed the island challenge or whatever it is. I want fame to be measurable and also to have an effect on how characters look at you and the things you can do. Kind of like in X & Y, if you weren't "stylish" enough, it prevented you from doing certain things. Being well-known can certainly open many doors for your character. There are tons of characters than can be nothing more than a battle, or can become your best friend or biggest rival. I want your interaction with each character to show that character's individuality, their uniqueness and quirks. And when you speak to them, they don't repeat the same four lines (like when characters used to call me on the pokégear in Soulsilver)!

* Pokémon Sports Teams/ Rival Gangs. I haven't made my decision yet on which one i want to do yet, and i might just end up doing both. Maybe this is something you guys can help me decide? Give me input on which you'd prefer to see in the game! So, for Pokémon sports teams, i was originally inspired by this art i saw for each Pokémon type that said "shadow ballers" and another "faint attacks". Those would be dark type teams. "Night shades" for ghost, "bug bites" for bug, "hydro pumps" for water, etc. The designs would look great on a sports jersey, i thought. So maybe each city has a different team and they go against each other. You can choose your team and cheer them on, or maybe even get the chance to play in place of a team whose star player just got injured! I don't know, but it would be cool. I also thought, man these designs would look great on the back of a leather jacket! I could make the region have mad gangs- each town has a different one. And the gangs hate each other! I think if i do this, I might not add an evil team, as they would take the place of that. But I think it would be a cool idea to have your character go from town to town, battling, defeating, and disbanding the gangs across the region.

* Trainer Card Titles. How come I battle all these Bug-catchers? Or PokéManiacs? Or Pokémon breeders? Collectors? Fishermen? As I battle these many characters, I am simply Pokémon Trainer <Name>. I think it would be awesome to be able to unlock titles for your trainer card by doing certain things. Catch a certain amount of bug Pokémon- Boom! Bug catcher title unlocked. Equip the title to your trainer card and it will also appear when you battle players. Hatch a certain amount of eggs- Pokémon Breeder. Collect and revive a certain amount of fossils and you've unlocked Ruin Maniac. There will also be ones like Champion (defeat champion) and Pokémon Master (Level a Pokémon to 100). Even ones like shiny hunter for catching a certain amount of shiny Pokémon!

* Type Affinity. I think it would be cool to get a bit of a "boost" when it comes to certain types of Pokémon. What do I mean by that? Well, I first was inspired by Pokémon GO's feature where the more of a specific type you catch, the easier it becomes to catch Pokémon of that type. So if you catch water type Pokémon a lot, maybe that ultraball that seemed to be the only thing to work on that horsea can be downgraded to a greatball. But also more than that, what if type affinity also meant that the higher your affinity to water type Pokémon the better they perform in battle, or the faster their friendship goes up. It gives you an advantage, but you have to earn that advantage.

* Moving Characters. By this I mean, NPCs do their own thing. Of course, there will be specific, more important characters in a set place for planned encounters. But I want characters to be walking down the same path i am, not just standing there. If i speak to them, we may battle or just chat about something. That character may only be at the café on sundays, every sunday. Or that one may walk down the beach route every night looking for a Pokémon that only shows itself during that time. Characters should have their own lives. Have characters talk about whats going on at that point in the game, current events. It makes the whole game experience more immersive, i believe.

* Market place. I want a town by the beach with a market place set up there. You can buy a variety of different items you wouldn't find in the Pokémart. Items at each shop will change every day to new things depending on what that vendor sells. As you progress in the game, new shops will set up their stands on the beach for you to buy their wares. One of the shops there will sell bag charms, which i will explain in the next idea.

* Bag Charms. Bag charms are something I made up to give players cool perks. The shop that sells them is only available post-game/ after the main story is completed. You may also only equip one bag charm at a time. These items can not be held by a Pokémon and have no effect during battles with real life players. So, what are bag charms? I got this idea when i saw the little charm that your character puts on their bag in sun & moon because of the island challenge. I thought, oh that's cute. Now lets make it functional. So, bag charms will be little Pokémon-shaped keychains that you can equip to your bag. Each one does something different. A chansey one, for example, may help you hatch eggs 1.2x faster and is stackable with things such as flame body. A jirachi bag charm may make Pokémon with rare abilities appear more often. A puffaline (a fakémon I made up) could make Pokémon hold items in the wild more often. A meowth could increase the amount of money you receive after battles and be stacked with the lucky amulet. A blubble (fakémon) may slightly boost all of a Pokémon's stats when they reach yellow or red. I had more, but I'm still trying to remember them since I no longer have the paper I wrote them all down on.

* A Pokémon Festival. Have a city hold their annual Pokémon festival. Big Pokémon floats and balloons, people gathered to celebrate their love for Pokémon, and obviously something sinister lingering in the shadows to ruin it all with an evil plan!

* Unlockable Stories. Just like in Pokémon mystery dungeon, you can unlock short little stories as you play a character other than your own. I had one already in mind, sort of a celebi one. See, in the game if you speak to this one old man he will mention something about a strange Pokémon that could travel in time. If you speak to the man after an encounter with celebi, you can either question the man further or, if you caught celebi (and it is in your party), he will react. Either way, talking to the man will unlock a story (which can be played through the main menu screen), this one where you can play as the old man when he was younger and encountered celebi. I think all unlockable stories can only be unlocked post-game.

* Pokémon Training Centers. Functioning much like a Pokémon gym minus the badge, training centers are a test of skill. Battle through the ranks until you reach the center's owner. They are the strongest much like a gym leader. You can battle training centers as many times as you like, and each time it will get harder (or you can choose to reset difficulty). Training centers don't specialize in a specific type, rather they are masters of certain battle skills and techniques. One training center may specialize in status effects, while another will focus on weight or gravity.

* New Gyms. Gyms are a classic part of the core pokémon games, excluding sun & moon with the island challenge. It's like a tradition passed down from game to game- part of the story, the journey. I want to make my own gyms. I like how each gym in the games has a really cool set up. They all of some kind of theme relating to the type of pokémon there. What about a puzzle and riddle themed psychic gym where they are trapped in like a maze ball or a giant chess board or something. I'll try to remember my other ideas that I had for gyms. Oops.

* Donuts. Yup, donuts. Each game has had either poffins, or poképuffs, or beans or whatever. I want donuts to be the treat of the Raema region (might change name of region, its kind of a place holder right now because it was originally Lantio until i found out it meant pelvis in finnish). There can be different batters used to make them, different icings or glazes, toppings like sprinkles, some might be filled with jelly or cream or marshmallows. I think there would be a lot of different donut combos to be made. Unfotunately, now that Sword & Shield has come out with curry, so many recipes they had to make a CurryDex, my donuts seem to fall a bit short. But awesome for Sword & Shield! I am excited to complete the CurryDex.

* New Region. Like every Pokémon game, Order & Chaos introduces a new region. One I am yet to come up with a permanent name for. Unlike most games, however, it isn't based on any particular place in real life. Its a little bit of everything- tundra, desert, plains, grasslands, jungles, marshlands, mountains, etc.

* Other things I am yet to remember or come up with.

Here are the differences in Order & Chaos:

* Main legendaries. Not yet designed, the order pokémon and the chaos pokémon are unique to their game. There is also a third main legendary which will be in both games.

* Pokémon. While most pokémon will be generally the same for both games, I want a lot more version-exclusive pokémon in order and chaos that the previous games have had. Not only does it encourage trade to complete the Pokédex, but since there are a lot more pokémon in existence than there used to be, there can be a lot more without being too many.

* Certain Dialogue. I want some dialogue throughout the game to be altered depending on what version game you have. For example, an old man in a house may say "Chaos isn't a bad thing, it simply means unpredictable." if you have one version and "Those who seek true order sacrifice freedom." in the other.

* Other differences I am yet to come up with.

I had a lot more. Like a year's worth of things but I am both too tired to remember them all and my hands are aching too much to type much more. I hope what I wrote so far has peaked anyone's interest. I'd love to discuss my ideas as well as hear you all's ideas as well. Any suggestions or critics? Anything big I am forgetting all together? Let me know! I will add my ideas to this post as I remember or think up new ones, and I will be posting my fakémon designs as well as other designs for things such the region map, character hairstyles, etc. sometime too. Thank you for taking your time to read all i typed up! c:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    Based on the name alone the gangs would be more fitting maybe you could do something along the lines of gangs having their hands in gambling on rigged sport events. As well as an authoritarian government justifying a select group operating as a gang, so perhaps you could make 2 major gangs with vastly different motives and some local sub groups doing their own thing.
    I like Type Affinity maybe when you have met some conditions and carry 3 or more of the same type in your party you get a small buff which also applies to other trainers ( like a bug catcher with 3+ bug types)
    The sport events could be basically gyms similar to sword and shield.
    Also I appreciate it in fan games when you can make meaningful choices, if possible even gym leaders scaling according to your lvl like in crystal clear.

Back