• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon: RBGenesis+ - Open to community updates! [More custom shadow pokemon, events, Johto, NPCs]

Days
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    So, when you use the soft reset option: Fn+F12, the game crashes at the title screen.
    Unfortunately this has to do with the Pokemon GSC Essentials kit. It runs on Pokemon Essentials v18 as a base, and the f12 crash was fixed in v19. I have hotfix plugins to try and patch the issues, but it seems like they don't help with this crash. I tried looking through the scripts to see if I could try a manual fix, but can't seem to find it located anywhere. If I can find some more info on where and how to make the fix I'll include it in an update.

Days
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Rip shiny hoothoot i just caught
    I'm sorry to hear that! 😢 Is that v1.1? There was a fix for that error in that update. I've tested it on a seperate machine and infestation and other moves that were having problems were working in the newer version.

Days
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I'm sorry to hear that! 😢 Is that v1.1? There was a fix for that error in that update. I've tested it on a seperate machine and infestation and other moves that were having problems were working in the newer version.
    Not sure how to check the version, but i downloaded it yesterday from this thread

Days
    • Seen Jan 25, 2024
    These moves seem to work fine when I playtest them. Do you know what error message you get or have a screenshot? Have you updated to the new v1.1? I'll see if I can look into it further, but any info you can give will help.
    Yeah I lucky somehow they didn't use them in battle and I pass them but scary face from my spinark still crash the game.
    more feedback : I love how classic battle animation is. I feel nostalgic about it even I born in gen 3 era. I won't touch it though because I know how bullshit in term of calculation in gen 1 is(more speed more crit rate) so this game is oppurtuinity for me.
    update: Mean look from subat in Mt.moon also crash with same message

Attachments

• Pokémon: RBGenesis+ - Open to community updates! [More custom shadow pokemon, events, Johto, NPCs]
      Screenshot (17).png
      32.3 KB · Views: 6
    Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Yeah I lucky somehow they didn't use them in battle and I pass them but scary face from my spinark still crash the game.
    more feedback : I love how classic battle animation is. I feel nostalgic about it even I born in gen 3 era. I won't touch it though because I know how bullshit in term of calculation in gen 1 is(more speed more crit rate) so this game is oppurtuinity for me.
    This screenshot is very helpful! I haven't seen this error message yet so I can take a look and see if this part of the script can be fixed.

Not sure how to check the version, but i downloaded it yesterday from this thread
    Ok, it should be v1.1 then. Hopefully this error here is also the one so I can find a fix.

If anyone is stuck anywhere due to an animation crash, turning the animations off in the options menu will help bypass the crashes for now.

Days
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    With the Paldea region out now and all the Pokémon out now, are you going to include gen 9 in the game or just up to gen 8?
    I would love to if I had access to the resources for them. Adding in a new generation takes hundreds of new sprites for the Pokémon, not to mention all their stats, moves and abilities. Gen 2 is one of the gens people just aren't making a ton of sprites for. There's a great group of dedicated fans who are bringing the style back for sure, but even sprites for most of the gen 8 mons aren't widely available. It would be a very large undertaking for myself to try and add them alone, but if there's support for it in the community I would consider it.

Since this is my first RPG Maker game I'm still learning some things. So I did some research into the errors, and found out some useful info. Apparently this error is based on the computer the game is being run on. It could explain why I don't see the errors that some other players are getting. Mainly whether or not the graphics driver has been updated and can handle the OpenGL limit for the overworld tileset. I'll admit I didn't know about these limits at the time of making my overworld tileset, and it ended up being fairly large.

Try updating your graphics driver and seeing if that helps and let me know how it goes.

Days
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    some moves seem to cash the game. like scary face and powdered snow.
    These are known issues some people are having. Its a weird error that can be solved by updating your graphics driver. They do work, so there isn't anything I can change on my end to solve the issue. It's a weird user dependant error due to the OpenGL limits the game runs on.

If you still get the errors after updating the driver, turning the battle animations off in the options can bypass the errors.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    What about everyone who uses joiplay? I get the same crashes from using this on joiplay? Id like to see the animations if possbile but will turn them off for now. Any fix for us android users?

Days
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    So theres a part on route ten that you can get stuck in. Do you have a debug version of the game i can have to fix my save? ill lose a lot of progress if i reset, kind of my fault for taking so long between saves XD.
    Untitled.png
    This ledge here lets you jump onto this space and now im stuck.

Also is there supposed to be hard level caps in the current version? as in your pokemon stop leveling when they hit the level cap or no?

Anyway loving this game so far thank you for all the hard work! Is there a discord for it?

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2024
    I'm stuck in LT Surge's Gym. Exhibit A:

Attachments

• Pokémon: RBGenesis+ - Open to community updates! [More custom shadow pokemon, events, Johto, NPCs]
      PXL_20231229_152746023.MP.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 5
    Days
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    What about everyone who uses joiplay? I get the same crashes from using this on joiplay? Id like to see the animations if possbile but will turn them off for now. Any fix for us android users?
    Hm, I hadn't thought of mobile users getting the issue too. Unfortunately the error is caused by how large the overworld tileset is. I would have to massively reorganize the entire game to avoid it. It's my fault for not knowing that would happen in the first place.

I'm stuck in LT Surge's Gym. Exhibit A:
    Ah, I apologize for that one! I had programmed him to take a step back to prevent people from getting locked in from the other side. I didn't catch it locks you in if you talk to him from the right side. I fixed the NPC behavior for that. If you picked up an escape rope you can use it to get out of that if you are still locked in there.

So theres a part on route ten that you can get stuck in. Do you have a debug version of the game i can have to fix my save? ill lose a lot of progress if i reset, kind of my fault for taking so long between saves XD.

This ledge here lets you jump onto this space and now im stuck.

Also is there supposed to be hard level caps in the current version? as in your pokemon stop leveling when they hit the level cap or no?

Anyway loving this game so far thank you for all the hard work! Is there a discord for it?
    That is super weird the game let you do that onto a non passable tile! There is a debug mode programmed in, but it only works if you run it through RPG maker XP. I fixed the ledge to not do that anymore at least.
    There aren't any hard level caps programmed in. I know some people like them and others don't, so I left it up to the player to decide if they want to adhere to a level cap or not.

There isn't a Discord server for the game, but I'm really glad you all are enjoying the game! I could put one together if there's a demand for it.

The download link has been updated to v1.2 to apply the new changes! The changelog will be updated with more info.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    Attempting to buy a modest mint from the farm gives you a mild mint instead. And i just got stuck in the ss anne because the event that normally triggers after getting cut that takes you to the island refused to trigger no matter how many times i used the bed. Had to force lose a fight to one of the npc trainers to get out.

Days
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Attempting to buy a modest mint from the farm gives you a mild mint instead. And i just got stuck in the ss anne because the event that normally triggers after getting cut that takes you to the island refused to trigger no matter how many times i used the bed. Had to force lose a fight to one of the npc trainers to get out.
    Okay, I'll take a look into the mint shop and fix that.

What happened exactly with the S.S. Anne exactly? Did the captain give cut like normal but no announcement about going to the islands? I've not seen any problems there before, so I'd like any info you can give to look into.

Back