• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokémon: Sanguine (Project: Prepper)

Natzen

Creator of Pokémon: Sanguine
Years
  • This game is well into the planning phase, most of the story has been fleshed out and the map is nearly set in stone. A lot of the core functions I want to include in the game have been worked on previously in the past so I'll be converting a lot of that into this (just a matter of figuring out if everything is compatible from past essentials version) - my goal is for the first beta to coincide with Halloween or the month of October. My current objective is to finish creating the NPC and Pokémon artwork by the end of April. Once the game creation is underway, I'll try to livestream it partially on YouTube to act as "dev notes" for any interested. I am not a great artist by any stretch of the imagination, so the art style of the game could be too jarring for some.
    I'll hopefully find some help in people who see the project and want to contribute their artistic talents. If there's enough support for the game I would consider creating a discord channel - for now this thread is fine!
    (This is all of course, subject to change)

I believe this is the right place to post and not in Showcase, as I've not officially started putting the game together and have no in-game screenshots to show off yet.

Let me introduce you to the region as it is!
    Spoiler:

Where the story begins..
    Spoiler:

The survival mechanics..
    Spoiler:

The gimmick... every game has one!
    Spoiler:

The Darkan Dex...
    Spoiler:

Planned Features...
    Spoiler:

Current Roadmap...
    Spoiler:

Last post update: April 14, 2023 - Updating lists and progress report. Concept sprites continue to be added :)

Closer to release I will work on beautifying this thread, until then I will periodically update this thread adding more text, pictures, and concept arts as they are finished. I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions, thank you for taking the time to check this thread out! The ultimate plan is to have this thread shifted to showcase when it's ready to show off in a more complete manner.

Last edited:

sNicolasS151

NicolasS
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    I loved it and for sure this project will still be much loved, good luck with your ideas.💙😲

Natzen

Creator of Pokémon: Sanguine
    Years
  • Much appreciated, thank you friend!

Update:
    I just started adding some of the fakemon sprites to the post, and I'll continue to update them over the coming week! They're super rough and probably *hopefully* not final, but it'll be nice to get all the front, back, and shiny concept placeholders finished so they can be polished before the first beta.

Back