• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[SOLVED] Error when installing pokeemerald - string.h: No such file or directory

Days
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Hello! I'm very new to ROM hacking and have been attempting to download pokeemerald on Mac, but have been running into errors during the installation process.

im running into an issue where after running the "make" command, it outputs an error saying "string.h: No such file or directory" and then terminates the whole process. I'm pretty sure I've followed the instructions exactly, but I could have slipped up somewhere? This issue is like right at the end of the installation process but I did have some other errors pop up when executing the ./build.sh and ./install.sh a little earlier in the process as well. I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to this stuff, so I don't know how to troubleshoot it on my own unfortunately.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I did have some other errors pop up when executing the ./build.sh and ./install.sh a little earlier in the process as well.
So you probably didn't manage to install agbcc correctly. You should post the errors if you want someone to help you.

Days
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
So you probably didn't manage to install agbcc correctly. You should post the errors if you want someone to help you.
I took screenshots of the errors that came up while attempting to install agbcc. I copied the code exactly from the site, so I'm not sure where the issue is? But help would be appreciated ^^'

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 6.07.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 6.07.20 PM.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 6.07.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 6.07.31 PM.png
    153 KB · Views: 2
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I took screenshots of the errors that came up while attempting to install agbcc. I copied the code exactly from the site, so I'm not sure where the issue is? But help would be appreciated ^^'
No idea what would cause that (perhaps the compiler version you're using?).
I guess you could just skip building agbcc and compile pokeemerald using devkitARM's compiler instead by running
Code:
make modern

Days
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
No idea what would cause that (perhaps the compiler version you're using?).
I guess you could just skip building agbcc and compile pokeemerald using devkitARM's compiler instead by running
Code:
make modern
oh this worked for me!!! thank you so much!! ^^

Back