• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [pokeemerald] One pokedex entry associated to multiple pokemons

Days
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I have multiple version of pokemons, such as an icy bulbasaur with its own sprites and moveset, a fire bulbasaur etc... but I want them to be associated with the same "bulbasaur" pokedex entry. I've managed to create my new pokemons, but now they have different pokedex entries (there are 3 different bulbasaur entries in my case). I'd like to have only 1 pokedex entry for all of my pokemons. Any idea on how I could do that ? Didn't find anything on that...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have multiple version of pokemons, such as an icy bulbasaur with its own sprites and moveset, a fire bulbasaur etc... but I want them to be associated with the same "bulbasaur" pokedex entry. I've managed to create my new pokemons, but now they have different pokedex entries (there are 3 different bulbasaur entries in my case). I'd like to have only 1 pokedex entry for all of my pokemons. Any idea on how I could do that ? Didn't find anything on that...

The mapping between species IDs and pokedex IDs is done in src/pokemon.c. You can search for "pokedex" to find the relevant code and data.
    Maybe you could try adding your new mons to the lists there without using the macros like SPECIES_TO_HOENN, to assign dex IDs to your new species that don't correspond with their species IDs.

Days
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Thanks a lot, it works like a charm ! I just had to modify the following code to src/pokemon.c:

SPECIES_TO_HOENN(BULBASAUR),
    [SPECIES_BULBASAUR_GREEN - 1] = HOENN_DEX_BULBASAUR,
    [SPECIES_BULBASAUR_RED - 1] = HOENN_DEX_BULBASAUR,
    [SPECIES_BULBASAUR_BLUE - 1] = HOENN_DEX_BULBASAUR,
    SPECIES_TO_HOENN(IVYSAUR),
    SPECIES_TO_HOENN(VENUSAUR),
    SPECIES_TO_HOENN(CHARMANDER),
    SPECIES_TO_HOENN(CHARMELEON),

and

SPECIES_TO_NATIONAL(BULBASAUR),
    [SPECIES_BULBASAUR_GREEN - 1] = NATIONAL_DEX_BULBASAUR,
    [SPECIES_BULBASAUR_RED - 1] = NATIONAL_DEX_BULBASAUR,
    [SPECIES_BULBASAUR_BLUE - 1] = NATIONAL_DEX_BULBASAUR,
    SPECIES_TO_NATIONAL(IVYSAUR),
    SPECIES_TO_NATIONAL(VENUSAUR),
    SPECIES_TO_NATIONAL(CHARMANDER),
    SPECIES_TO_NATIONAL(CHARMELEON),

And then to delete the pokedex entries of BULBASAUR_GREEN, BULBASAUR_RED, and BULBASAUR_BLUE in src/data/pokemon/pokedex_entries.h, include/constants/pokedex.h and src/data/pokemon/pokedex_orders.h

Back