• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] [pokeemerald] PoryMap won't open any decomp

Days
    • Seen Feb 5, 2024
    I just started using the decomps, but I can't load any project on porymap. It always gives me this error message: "Failed to find any primary tilesets in src/data/tilesets/headers.h". The "headers" file is there, and the different tilesets seem to be flagged as "secondary = false" or "secondary = true", so I have no ideia why it can't load the decomp folder. Any ideas?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I just started using the decomps, but I can't load any project on porymap. It always gives me this error message: "Failed to find any primary tilesets in src/data/tilesets/headers.h". The "headers" file is there, and the different tilesets seem to be flagged as "secondary = false" or "secondary = true", so I have no ideia why it can't load the decomp folder. Any ideas?
    Given the lack of information, the only thing I can think of is that you're trying to open an outdated copy of Pokeemerald using the latest version of Porymap, or the opposite, you're trying to open an up-to-date copy of Pokeemerald in an older version of Porymap.
    If you git clone either Pret's Pokeemerald repository or RHH's Pokeemerald-expansion repository in the latest version of Porymap, things should be working just fine, for whatever that's worth.

Days
    • Seen Feb 5, 2024
    Yeah, I thought that might be the issue, but everything is up to date, I've tried redoing the process a few times but I still can't open anything on porymaps. I've found very few people with the same problem online and apparently no one got a solution to this issue.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Yeah, I thought that might be the issue, but everything is up to date, I've tried redoing the process a few times but I still can't open anything on porymaps. I've found very few people with the same problem online and apparently no one got a solution to this issue.
    Just to double check, what are you trying to open exactly?
    You're supposed to open the projects' main folder, not any folder in specific or a specific file, but the central folder where you have the folders and files that conform the project.
    If you git clone Pokeemerald in your desktop, what you'll want to open in Porymap by going to File -> Open Project is that Pokeemerald folder.

Days
    • Seen Feb 5, 2024
    That is precisely what I'm doing. I got the repository, and the latest version of Porymap, but when i select the pokeemerald folder or the pokeemerald-expansion folder, it won't open the project and simply gives me the error message: "Failed to find any primary tilesets in src/data/tilesets/headers.h".

The "headers.h" file seems to be the correct one, with the appropriate flags inside it. I have no ideia about what could be causing the issue, as the installation of everything including downloading the repositories with the git clone command went smoothly. Maybe it is something else with my PC?

Days
    • Seen Sep 9, 2023
    Double check the file path directory for your decompilation folder(s).

I needed to move my decomp so that none of the directories had a space in their name, and I also removed a special character.
    I was using something like "A:\Pokémon Adventures\..." etc.
    I moved that file so it was "A:\p5ea\..." and PoryMap opened the decompilations without any issues.

Hopefully this helps!

Days
    • Seen Feb 5, 2024
    Double check the file path directory for your decompilation folder(s).

I needed to move my decomp so that none of the directories had a space in their name, and I also removed a special character.
    I was using something like "A:\Pokémon Adventures\..." etc.
    I moved that file so it was "A:\p5ea\..." and PoryMap opened the decompilations without any issues.

Hopefully this helps!
    Dude, I gave up on using porymap a few months ago, but this is actually the solution! My PC is in portuguese so the usual "C:\User" folder was actually named "Usuário", and the diacritics count as a special character, so I just changed the directory and it worked just fine. Such a small thing lol, thanks for the tip!

Back