• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Pokemon cards help question

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2023
    I am new to Pokemon cards and its really a beginner Question but one that is really confusing me and its about different pack set names, I am not looking to buy old collectable cards but i guess if they are cheap enough i would buy used so they can also be included with this question , so its for the main purpose for playing with family and friends , So lets say i want to get a Sword & Shield pack and a V star pack and a Scarlet & Violet pack can i use all these types of cards together in the same game?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Yes, for casual purposes (as well as Unlimited Format play), all Pokémon TCG cards can be used together in the same game regardless of set/era.

EDIT: Though some of the older cards, namely the Blaine's Quiz #1, may require special rulings as not every card lists a Pokémon's HT/WT. Also, from what I gather, ex and EX aren't treated as the same mechanic as they have different pronunciations (eks and ee eks, respectively) and Pokémon EX are always Basic.

Last edited:
    Back