• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Dark-Red version

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Pok?mon

Dark-Red
    version
    -I've already checked but if this name is allready taken please tell me-

By Jo3-A Ruby patch

This is the first hack I've made and was started in October, the only person other than me who has played some of it is NI@LL and he hasn't fully registered at PC yet. Also one of my friends at school has played some.
    :pokeball:New Region-Mena​
    :pokeball:New Legendary's [Venagator, Charizard, Celebi, Ho-oh, Lugia]
    :pokeball:New Pok?mon Venagator
    :pokeball:New Trainers
    :pokeball: Partially new text
    :pokeball:New muddy footprints [see my tutorial on it]
    :pokeball:New mini trees [see my tutorial on it]
    :pokeball:New Gym leaders
    :pokeball:New Elite four
    :pokeball:New Champion [me!]
    :pokeball:A train [not done with scripting though]

Story

You have just moved from Hoenn (you know Prof. Birch) to Dew Town in Mena, you rescue Prof. Thorn picking from the following Pokemon:

RALTS CYNDAQUIL POLIWAG

Again you have to complete gyms etc. but the main story is Venagator, the guardian of the sun has been awoken by the evil team executive who want the sun to stop burning - only Venagator can do this. Their wish is for Dark and ghost Pok?mon to rule.

I just have a few things to do, I also have a few out-of-battle sprites to do and then it's more or less finished although I'll probably add more towns, caves etc.

Once I've finished a few more things I'll release a patch, you'll be able to play it to the end!
    Edit: Comments welcome!

Last edited:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    As soon as I finish checking a few things and editing some trainers. I may also do the running and bike sprites. Oh and pics of the intro and ROUTE 1 are below :D

Last edited:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    It's Venagator the legendary I've said about above. More pics! Notice the Poocheyena (spelling?) in the garden it kind of copies your movements in a 3x3 box so it looks like its walking away from you!

Last edited:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Thanks, still getting rid of bugs but everything else is done. Also instead of doing a cave journey for the legendarys you have to beat a team executive member with a
    high level Pokemon then you enter a cave where they are waiting. However due to the regis sharing the same sprite (with different colours) Celebi, Ho-oh and Lugia just have shadows (it looks like their flying) for the moment...

Back