• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon TCG Generations 1.4

Years
    • Seen today
    hey do you guys have a discord server or something like that? so we can share our deck list and stuff

Well, I just had in mind to make a Section where I would show the Decklists that you created, so that people would be encouraged to try more things.
    I don't know about the Discord, I think there would be too few people to justify making one, maybe if they made one of the Disassembly specifically (I think there is one but I'm not sure) it might be worth it

Years
    • Seen today
    Just started playing, thought I would make a suggestion: Please remove the tutorial at the start of the game.

It could be, but it's just some dialogues and it's already shortened, 2 attacks and that's it, plus GBC's Fast Forward is quite absurd.
    But I can remove it if it really bothers you guys.

Years
  • Well, I just had in mind to make a Section where I would show the Decklists that you created, so that people would be encouraged to try more things.
    I don't know about the Discord, I think there would be too few people to justify making one, maybe if they made one of the Disassembly specifically (I think there is one but I'm not sure) it might be worth it

Or maybe a discord with all TCG projects we have currently in pokecommunity ? I think we have 5 at the moment if I recall correctly.
    * Pokemon TCG DX
    * Pokemon TCG Kanto
    * Pokemon TCG Neo
    * Digimon Adventure TCG
    * Pokemon TCG Generations

Years
    • Seen today
    Or maybe a discord with all TCG projects we have currently in pokecommunity ? I think we have 5 at the moment if I recall correctly.
    * Pokemon TCG DX
    * Pokemon TCG Kanto
    * Pokemon TCG Neo
    * Digimon Adventure TCG
    * Pokemon TCG Generations

That was practically what I was referring to xd, Ironically I know everyone who created those hacks. For my part, it's fine, I suppose we should ask the other 3, Guzeinbuick and Cataclyptic are relatively active, but ContentlyForlorn is rarely seen.

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • Have the first video recorded but would like opinions. Would you guys rather watch a 10 minute game or a 6 minute sped up video? I can imagine watching someone just constantly skip a turn due to Paralysis and such would get boring after a while

Years
    • Seen today
    Have the first video recorded but would like opinions. Would you guys rather watch a 10 minute game or a 6 minute sped up video? I can imagine watching someone just constantly skip a turn due to Paralysis and such would get boring after a while

I would say that a Video where it speeds up in the "boring" parts is more preferable, such as the coin tosses, the Paralysis Turns, etc.

Years
  • Have the first video recorded but would like opinions. Would you guys rather watch a 10 minute game or a 6 minute sped up video? I can imagine watching someone just constantly skip a turn due to Paralysis and such would get boring after a while

Normal speed if it is commented, speed up if there is no commentary.
    (Please do commented videos =D)

Years
    • Seen today
    Question: Do you think it is very difficult to get all the cards?

I ask because today I was playing a little with the code and basically I saw that I could change the Rarity table a little; Basically in each Pack of the Game you are always guaranteed to have 1 UR, 3 Rare and 5-6 Common cards making a total of 10 cards per pack.
    I can make the Packs give 1 more card of any Rarity (you can't add more than 1 extra card or else the game crashes, for some reason), so what do you think if the Packs now give 2 UR instead of 1? or give 4 Rares?

I'm only saying this because technically there are more Rare and Ultra Rare Cards than in the original game, so it might be a good way to compensate, What do you think?.

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • Question: Do you think it is very difficult to get all the cards?

I ask because today I was playing a little with the code and basically I saw that I could change the Rarity table a little; Basically in each Pack of the Game you are always guaranteed to have 1 UR, 3 Rare and 5-6 Common cards making a total of 10 cards per pack.
    I can make the Packs give 1 more card of any Rarity (you can't add more than 1 extra card or else the game crashes, for some reason), so what do you think if the Packs now give 2 UR instead of 1? or give 4 Rares?

I'm only saying this because technically there are more Rare and Ultra Rare Cards than in the original game, so it might be a good way to compensate, What do you think?.

You can also do what I'm about to do in my own game: make the NPC's have more booster packs. You can do this by going to Src> scripts> any club, the going to giveboosters and just add another before the 'noboosters' command. I think it caps at 4 boosters though? Did not test that.

Either way I'm definitely playing your game soon!

Years
    • Seen today
    You can also do what I'm about to do in my own game: make the NPC's have more booster packs. You can do this by going to Src> scripts> any club, the going to giveboosters and just add another before the 'noboosters' command. I think it caps at 4 boosters though? Did not test that.

Either way I'm definitely playing your game soon!

Thanks, in fact it occurred to me to do that but I didn't do it because it would be quite cumbersome xd.
    I just tried doing it and it's not working for me, I tried it with Mitch and he just gives me 2 boosters and that's it.

Years
  • Review time!
    First, the deck that I used to beat e4 the first time:
    Spoiler:

Really loving the format. There's a lot going on here so I'll make a list to explain what's amazing about this card pool and this game and separate this review in 3 points: The Good (what I love), The Bad (some design choices that I don't like personally), and The Ugly (bugs report, lol).

THE GOOD
    1-Multiple pokemon attacks. All Pokemon have 2 attacks or a pokemon power and an attack. That makes the card really hard to evaluate in a vacuum and it is much more complex to determine how and in what strategy use every pokemon card.
    2-A lot of pokemon powers. The same pokemon power now appears in different species and even in different types! Deck construction gets a lot more interesting with all the old effects that we know and love but in different contexts! (want to rain dance in Fire? what could happen if we stick Healing Wind in a basic pokemon to stall?)
    3-Dual typed energy requirements. A lot more pokemon have energy requirements of 2 different types in theirs attacks and even attacks that cost 2 different types at the same! Deck construction would be more streamlined for them but the incentive to explore more types in the same deck makes much more challenging to calculate energy amounts and proportions
    4-New weaknesses and resistances. Some fire pokemons will be weak to fighting instead of water. Now we have some water and grass resistances. The mix and match of weaknesses and resistances would require more different attackers and support pokemons in the same deck and that will make the game more slow but take the spotlight from the trainers card that always dominated the original format.
    In conclusion, this game is much more complex and slow than the original Base-Fossile TCG Format and I love that direction. I really want to continue exploring the game with new decks and strategies.

THE BAD
    1-Balance issues. With all that complexity, it is sure that some cards are clearly more powerful than others because it is much more complicated to balance out the game. I can say that Greninja is probably the best starter (as was Blastoise in the original format anyways) but I won't do a full balance feedback until I continue researching the possible strategies.
    2-Fake options. Again, with all that complexity it seems that we have A TON of choices, but sometimes one of both attacks is a distraction and the card is not really as good as we think at first sight. Sometimes even both attacks are not worth the effort. Hard to spot without testing a lot.
    3-The format is slow. This wouldn't be an issue in paper pokemon TCG but with how slow can be the gameplay in the GBC game that could be an issue for somebody (not for me, I love slow strategy games). Luckily, we have frame skip for the more anxious.
    4-I think Lugia could drag some games forever. Between Aeroblast, scoop up, Healing Wind we can stall until somebody gets decked out or we just attack for letal with another attacker. Maybe Healing Wind in a basic is not a good idea, or we can give him a weakness or less HP to stop the exploit.

THE UGLY
    1. Tyranitar didn't attacked me in two opportunities with Crunch while having FF (crunch cost FC). Maybe it was because I had a pokemon with fighting resistance but I didn't tracked that when I took this note. Sorry ^^.
    2. Many display errors in attacks. I don't think they are problematic and I don't care about that fix but this is what I noticed:
    * Tailow's Peek displayed as Agility when attacking
    * Jolteon's Quick Attack displayed as Energy Boost when attacking
    * Zigzagoon team assist displayed as Quick Attack when attacking.
    3. Steenee's First Aid overflowed once (showed her HP as 120 with full damage). She died in 2 attacks so I guess that display was broken but HP's data is not. I don't remember if this happened when she used First Aid with 20 damage or 10 damage. I don't know how to reproduce or if this could happen with other's First Aid users (e.g. Goomy)
    4. Malamar's Flail is listed as a 10+ attack but it deals 10 damage times the amount of damage counters on it and not that amount +10. I dunno if this is just a display error or if it works as intended.
    5. Zweilous resists his own take down recoil damage (dunno if it is intended).

I hope you can tell us how do you added the Bill's effect to a pokemon attack (Dunsparce) because I'm really curious about! =)

To end this review: Congrats a lot for such a good hack rom. Now I'll get back to playing because I'm really excited to try new strategies and decks =)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Review time!

Thank you very much for the review =D, now I am going to respond to some of the Points:

THE BAD
    1-2: That's something I would like to know, there are some specific cards which I have no idea how overshadowed they are (for example Clawitzer), there are some that I honestly didn't know what to do with them at the time, especially the cards of Water, so if you have any suggestions or ideas I would like to hear them.

3: I will assume that what makes the Meta "Slow" are the Greater Abundance of Resistances and Greater Easy Access to Cures or Stall Methods compared to the Original Game.
    Although it must also be added that there are many more ways to speed up the game compared to the original game, there are more effects to steal in more consistent ways and Energy Boost is in the majority of types in the game.
    Although Obviously the Predominance of Certain effects is what Determines the Goal.

4. That's probably true, I simply "designed" Lugia thinking of a very strong card with a very strong effect, but the effects of cards like Aeroblast are very annoying to deal with, so I'll probably leave it without an effect or put it on. a Whirlwind effect.

THE UGLY
    The Tyranitar thing is most likely the Resistance thing, the AI ​​sometimes doesn't know what to do with one for some reason.

Most of the Visual Errors are Due to the Data of the Cards being "Shifted", Basically I moved some repeated Cards (Pidgeot, Jigglypuff) to form Porygon 2 and Porygon Z because that way it fits better with the other evolutionary lines so that the Order doesn't look weirder than it already is, this caused some Colorless Cards to have these Visual Errors and I honestly don't know how to Fix it (I'm assuming it's something that is Hard Coded in the Game, Like many things Rare More). This also happens with Some Lightning Cards (Because I Had to Remove 8 Pikachu's -_-)

What happened to Steenee was with an NPC? because I'll assume that layers are due to some strange function or it's just one of those Bugs that happen just because, although it may have to do with the Attack doing Damage.

The Malamar thing is a bug that I thought I had fixed (Basically if you're interested, the Card Effect Code doesn't let the Attack have a base Damage, for Some Reason...)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Review time!
    5. Zweilous resists his own take down recoil damage (unno if it is intended).

I hope you can tell us how do you added the Bill's effect to a pokemon attack (Dunsparce) because I'm really curious about! =)

Attacks like Floatzel "Rescue" and Camerupt "Collect Fire" are made so that for practical purposes they have no "Cost" due to Resistance to Their Own Type, Hydreigon's Evolutionary Line is designed so that they Try to Give themselves residual damage so that Hydreigon's Attack Would Do the Most Damage Possible, So in Summary, Zweilous Resisting Himself Like This is a Big Mistake Xd

The Bill Effect thing is "Easy", Basically When the Game wants to Perform an Effect, It Does It Using Commands, These Commands Work Exactly the Same in Attacks, Trainers and Pokepowers.
    So when you Designate the Effect of the Card you can Use Virtually Any Command, It Doesn't Matter If It's a Command from a Trainer Card or a Pokepower Card.

In fact I was seeing that I can Create an Attack that performs the effect of the Curse PokePower and it works at 100% but it cannot be used the same turn as Curse (Because it shares the same code that limits its use to Once per Turn).

Cataclyptic

Years
  • Thanks, in fact it occurred to me to do that but I didn't do it because it would be quite cumbersome xd.
    I just tried doing it and it's not working for me, I tried it with Mitch and he just gives me 2 boosters and that's it.

Odd. I just gave tech Aaron a second booster pack no problem, and then as a test, now rock club member Andrew gives 3 boosters.

EDIT: Side question, is there some trick to editing the title screen of this game that no one told me? I had to do it via a jumbled up mess that took hours to even pinpoint locations.

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Odd. I just gave tech Aaron a second booster pack no problem, and then as a test, now rock club member Andrew gives 3 boosters.

EDIT: Side question, is there some trick to editing the title screen of this game that no one told me? I had to do it via a jumbled up mess that took hours to even pinpoint locations.

And that's where I come in. Editing the Title screen is basically trial and error. Fortunately, I threw this together to help me keep track of where each tile ends up. Hope you find it useful. :)

Pokemon TCG Generations 1.4

Years
    • Seen today

Could you give me a Screenshot of the Code? So I see what is "wrong".

There is no "easy" way to make the Title Screen, I spent 3 hours adjusting mine to make it look good.

Cataclyptic

Years
  • And that's where I come in. Editing the Title screen is basically trial and error. Fortunately, I threw this together to help me keep track of where each tile ends up. Hope you find it useful. :)

Yep... that's basically what I had to do.

Could you give me a Screenshot of the Code? So I see what is "wrong".

There is no "easy" way to make the Title Screen, I spent 3 hours adjusting mine to make it look good.

For the Andrew example:

src > scripts > rock_club. Go to Script_BeatAndrew (line 60) and you will see the following directly below:
    give_booster_packs BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, NO_BOOSTER (= Gives 2 boosters of fighting based Colossem)
    Change this to: give_booster_packs BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, NO_BOOSTER

And that's it.

I just did some tests on it: it looks like the limit of this command is just 3 booster packs, unless you do the "give_one_of_each_trainer_booster", found in Imakuni's script. BUTTTT there is a way to bypass this limit. Turns out all you need to do is create a second "give_booster_packs" command right under the first. It will flash to the overworld in between the two commands, but it works.

As an example, it looks like this to give Andrew a whopping six boosters (lol) when defeated:

Script_BeatAndrew:
    start_script
    print_npc_text Text07a0
    give_booster_packs BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, NO_BOOSTER
    give_booster_packs BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, NO_BOOSTER
    print_npc_text Text07a1
    quit_script_fully

That's all form me, good luck hacking! I am still playing your game, the art is really good so far!

Years
    • Seen today
    Yep... that's basically what I had to do.

For the Andrew example:

src > scripts > rock_club. Go to Script_BeatAndrew (line 60) and you will see the following directly below:
    give_booster_packs BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, NO_BOOSTER (= Gives 2 boosters of fighting based Colossem)
    Change this to: give_booster_packs BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, BOOSTER_COLOSSEUM_FIGHTING, NO_BOOSTER

And that's it.

I just did some tests on it: it looks like the limit of this command is just 3 booster packs, unless you do the "give_one_of_each_trainer_booster", found in Imakuni's script. BUTTTT there is a way to bypass this limit. Turns out all you need to do is create a second "give_booster_packs" command right under the first. It will flash to the overworld in between the two commands, but it works.

As an example, it looks like this to give Andrew a whopping six boosters (lol) when defeated:

Script_BeatAndrew:
    start_script
    print_npc_text Text07a0
    print_npc_text Text07a1
    quit_script_fully

That's all form me, good luck hacking! I am still playing your game, the art is really good so far!

Thanks, Now I saw what I did wrong:
    It turns out that what I had modified was the Script_BeatMitch Section, instead of the Script_Mitch_GiveBoosters Section and the worst thing is that it was a little lower than the previous one XD.

Years
    • Seen today
    Well, I would like to announce what would be the First Big Update of the Hack: 1.1 "The Fire and Psychic Expansion"!
    Adding 11 New Cards, 2 New Sprites for the Trainer Cards and Major Hack Changes.

Changelog
    Spoiler:

The Different Versions with 4 and 8 Colors 👆

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • Well, I would like to announce what would be the First Big Update of the Hack: 1.1 "The Fire and Psychic Expansion"!
    Adding 11 New Cards, 2 New Sprites for the Trainer Cards and Major Hack Changes.

Changelog
    Spoiler:

The Different Versions with 4 and 8 Colors 👆

😲 boy! Super excited to check out Metagross, Salamence and Skeledirge! New art looks sick!

Back