• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Yellow with Spaceworld 97 backsprites rom hack

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I grew up with Pokémon Generation 2 graphics, so when I learned about ROM hacks by Tom, my first instinct was to play Generation 1 games with the Gen 2 graphics. I always disliked the Generation 1 backsprites because they weren't as refined as Gen 2. That became my go-to way to experience the Gen 1 games until I discovered the Spaceworld '97 sprites. Now, I've replaced just the backsprites in Blue and Red, though I've yet to find the same for Pokémon Yellow. I even attempted to download the Yellow disassembly and make it work myself, but to no avail. Getting some assistance with this would make playing Yellow my new favorite way. The Spaceworld '97 sprites feel authentic to the Gen 1 style, seamlessly replacing the originals.

Back