• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post an obscure Pokemon fact about yourself

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • So basically put down something regarding the franchise that can be either a fact that you've never seen anyone talk about or mention a very forgotten Pokemon collectible you own that is very close to lost media or even IS lost media, basically anything that you figure no one would have heard of, feel free to list it.

As for me, l literally own the last two volumes of Magical Pokemon Journey. Yes. For some background, apparently only the first 7 volumes were dubbed initially, but a different translation company translating volumes 8-10 but five years after the initial run. And I did get volumes 9 and 10 and eventually the older volumes.

Like back when I was younger the last two volumes came out, it was in like the second half of gen4 and I was wondering why in the final notes for volume 10 they were only just acknowledging gen3's existance when gen4 was almost over, when turns out it was initially released YEARS before when it made sense.

If anyone's wondering about the love potion plot and how the series ends altogether, well, it doesn't. Like literally, they genuinely acknowledge that they compeltely forgot about the potion and some weird ass battle that I don't think I have the capacity to explain is what ended up doing the trick in the end.

I seriously think Magical Pokemon Journey needs more discussion threads overall. Like when it comes to the comics that weren't based off the games or the show, this was was a complete even split between it's own thing and being based off the games and it's just full of a sorts of trippy stuff I wouldn't think to be in Pokemon related comic. Or hell, hopefully there would be more discussions over the weirdest Pokemon comic and not just only Reburst, which I don't even own even though I own a gazillion weird Pokemon comics.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Owns a few cards for Pikachu's Vacation. Is not super obscure, given the Bulbapedia page on the set. Tends to be lesser known because of being unusable in the card game, however. Refers to some of the Gold/Silver Pokemon by other names (such as Pikablu for Marill) on a few cards.

Cannot imagine where they came from. Might have been given out somewhere, such as at one of the movies. May have seen them in a store and been curious. Followed that with disappointment, if so.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • I once won a binder full of 2013 World Championships promos in an old TCG tournament I attended. The thing was really cool but I didn't have any interest in keeping it, so I had sold it off to a friend.

I own a few old books, one of my favourites is some unofficial strategy guide for Pokemon Yellow, and I'd go to libraries occasionally looking for strategy guides for the older games. I think it's a nice sorta time capsule of what that era was like, when we were kids and didn't have full reach of the internet.

I have a black trainer card in Pokemon Platinum! That's for getting everything like completing Master rank in Pokemon Contests, filling out the National Dex, getting a 100 win streak in the Battle Tower, stuff like that. I don't believe the gold prints for each facility are required for those, but I got them too. It was a big project for me a handful of years ago and I really wanted to go and do absolutely everything in my favourite game. There's unique dialogue when healing your Pokemon at the Pokemon Center if you have a black card too, it's neat.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Nothing super obscure comes to mind, but I do have some Japanese-exclusive spoof cards that some fans may not be aware of, including the hand-drawn Ooyama's Pikachu and 2000 HP Dance! Neo Imakuni?. Didn't know they existed myself until high school.

neoimakuni.jpg

One of the more unusual items in my collection is a Pikachu tapestry throw. Thought it was worth mentioning since it's one of the very few instances I've seen Flying Pikachu depicted outside the TCG and video games. I have one featuring the Kanto Starters too. Both are in storage bc I know the cats would destroy them. Seem to go for $50-100ish each so they can't be terribly rare.

And while I don't have it, I seem to recall seeing a fusion of Girafarig and Stantler in a magazine (something unofficial like Beckett or Pojo) years ago. I think one other person said it sounded familiar but most seem to have no recollection of it whatsoever. There's always a chance I could be remembering wrong but it would be cool to see some confirmation.

stantfarig2.png stantfarig3.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • I owned a Pichu plush that I got during my elementary school years from a claw machine in Russia, when I was visiting grandparents for summer holidays. As a teenager I (half-unwillingly but pressure, lol) gave it to my mom's friend's kids because they were huge fans of the series. Since then I have never been able to find anything like it anywhere. Probably a knockoff, but I miss it so much.

Years
  • I still have a collection of Pokemon flippos as well as some metal coin like things from back when I was a child.
    The flippos were a promotion from Lays (iirc) and were included in the bag in a little protective thingy. The metal coin thingies were a supermarket promotion as well, but I don't remember what they came with...

I also got a collection of Pokemon marbles... of which I'm not sure where they're from, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were also a supermarket promotion at the time lol

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • Not sure if this would even be considered obscure, but it is a really strange fun fact. My starter Pokemon in my original copy of Diamond (Piplup, of course) wasn't shiny when I picked it. SOMEHOW, my Empoleon became shiny when it wasn't before. Granted I did have cheat codes for that game (one I liked to use was the one that made every wild encountered Pokemon a shiny), but it didn't affect any other Pokemon I had prior to turning on any of the cheat codes. I have no idea how this is even possible.

Years
  • I have a Pokemon themed wallet a Japanese family friend gave to me when I was younger. It's opened with a zipper and has the 3 Sinnoh starters on the front alongside some Japanese text. I can't seem to find any images or pictures of it online so I figure it's pretty rare/obscure.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • There was a video game store at the mall that had like physical Pokemon romhacks for sale once? That was really cool, but I don't think they're in business anymore.

Let's see, what else. I found a Shiny Zubat in that flash cave in Pokemon Diamond and Mira used her Kadabra to make it faint and I will never forgive this child for her shiny killer crimes.

Years
  • My cousin told me dialogues were not important so I skipped them. I ended up not understanding much of the game, to only figure out at the end of it that there was a PC where all of the caught pokemon were stored lol. I also put Golbat and another pokemon in the Pokémon Day Care to then find out their level got very higher, which was pretty cool. Also I couldn't read and pronounce Feraligatr.

Back